Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

P3D Traffic Add ON

I have UT2 and it works well in p3dv4

spacer.png

Is it accurate to state at this time, UTL, My Traffic 6 nor any other developer has officially released a AI traffic product designed for P3DV4? 

Well, technically UTL is in pre release beta but it is designed for v4. I just got it and it appears to work as expected.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

Well, technically UTL is in pre release beta but it is designed for v4. I just got it and it appears to work as expected.

Vic

I hope you enjoy my AI lights as they work even better with UTL.

Simbol 

I will! Haven't done any evening or night flights yet but looking forward to it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

I hope you enjoy my AI lights as they work even better with UTL.

Simbol 

Does your installer backup any files that are changed?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Does your installer backup any files that are changed?

Hi Dave,

The installer don't overwrite or change any files. All is done in accordance with LM SDK V4 recommendations.

Your original effects and files will be left intact on their original locations and if you reinstall Prepar3d my add-on will remain unaffected.

I hope you enjoy it as well, please feel free to get your free copy.

Best regards 

Simbol 

Thank so very much!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I tried making the modifications recommended in the UPDATED: GUIDE TO INSTALL ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE ON P3D V4.   The program appears to load when P3D loads and then crashes, unless someone has a fix for this UTL is junk to me, I may as well go back to the default traffic.   

Anyone that has a simple fix I would appreciate it.   I am not real savy on making changes, would like to have something that will auto fix this if it is available.

thank you

Ken

19 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

It doesn't several users including me have no AI traffic landing in major airports such as KEWR. The response is always "we're working on it" I am sorry to have bought it quite honestly.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Must be a system specific thing because I don't have that problem. I've had one program crash when I was playing around with the dashboard during a flight but, so far, no real issues. That's the chance you take with pre release software though. Hopefully the dev will get it squared away.

Vic

• Upvote 1

Bought UT LIve today. It needs a manual. :happy: Can't even get the map to show me the spot I want LOL! But anyway, I did see some GA traffic at the not too big airport I just landed on in Norway. I will see what happens on other small airports. I just read somewhere that the GA is all  spawned at random, unlike the airliners...?

Few question:

- in P3D v4 I now have a menu option to view a Statusboard but clicking on it does nothing?

- do I have to start UTLive first and then P3D or doesn't that matter? Do I have to start UTLive at all or only to change settings?

- do I have to set the correct time (and day) in UTLive or will it use the time of the sim? I fly on historic dates all the time.

More questions to follow without a doubt. :happy:

10 minutes ago, J van E said:

- in P3D v4 I now have a menu option to view a Statusboard but clicking on it does nothing?

In my case, it was behind the P3D main screen.

Vic

10 hours ago, Otterpilit said:

I tried making the modifications recommended in the UPDATED: GUIDE TO INSTALL ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE ON P3D V4.   The program appears to load when P3D loads and then crashes, unless someone has a fix for this UTL is junk to me, I may as well go back to the default traffic.   

Anyone that has a simple fix I would appreciate it.   I am not real savy on making changes, would like to have something that will auto fix this if it is available.

There is no fix required to get UTL running in P3d V4, if it doesn't work for you it's something on your end. Did you exclude UTL from being scanned by your security or firewall both during install and for general operation?

10 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

It doesn't several users including me have no AI traffic landing in major airports such as KEWR. The response is always "we're working on it" I am sorry to have bought it quite honestly.

Several doesn't mean it's an issue compared to the probable thousands that it works fine for. I've just reinstalled it again to a new install of Windows and P3d and it works fine like it always has.

7 hours ago, J van E said:

- do I have to start UTLive first and then P3D or doesn't that matter? Do I have to start UTLive at all or only to change settings?

- do I have to set the correct time (and day) in UTLive or will it use the time of the sim? I fly on historic dates all the time.

More questions to follow without a doubt. :happy:

Sorry, I can't help you about the Statusboard. I have never had a use for it so I've never looked at it. No, you don't have to start UTL, it loads with the sim automatically. You run the UTL GUI to make what ever changes you want (best to probably shut down and restart your sim though once complete to show any changes that you have made). You can use what ever time you want, UTL runs on your sim's time. Keep in mind though, it's not live traffic. It's a snapshot in time covering a period from when the data was gathered. It's essentially a revised UT2 with some fixes, biggest one being that AI apparently shows up over the oceans which for some reason UT2 failed to do.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

56 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

It's essentially a revised UT2 with some fixes,

I found a lot of response to questions, after reading de manual of UT2, the interface of UTL is in a other presentation but the logic is the same and windows are just more regrouped. Yes reading manual is borring but...

• Upvote 1