Sign in to follow this  
svfranchini

NG3? MAX?

You'd think that if it was truly a thing for the Max they wouldn't have put it in the changelog.

Maybe nothing, but maybe something... not so long ago, I do seem to recall them saying that there was to be a new version of the 737 which would be the 3rd generation, so maybe just maybe it could be an indication of something down the line after 748/sim centre :)

• Upvote 1

Alaister Kay

Well how about that...someone actually reading the changelog. Props to you sir...should I say Turbine to you. 

No? K.

• Upvote 3

hmm... the J-41 is for sale for 5.000.000$... combined with the GTN750 it makes 5.000.064,95$? well paid ^^

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ephedrin said:

hmm... the J-41 is for sale for 5.000.000$... combined with the GTN750 it makes 5.000.064,95$? well paid ^^

Pre release pricing, they set the price to the real aircraft price when an aircraft is in development.

29 minutes ago, Datalink said:

not so long ago, I do seem to recall them saying that there was to be a new version of the 737

I heard that as well.

Let's be honest, the PMDG 737 has been the company's bread and butter for years, right from the first one they made up to the very latest iteration, it's among the favourite add-on for loads of flight simmers, and deservedly so of course as it is excellent.

I have no doubt therefore that the new 737 variant is top of the list of priorities for a new development for PMDG, especially given their penchant for making Boeing stuff. And whilst it is true that it might not be as easy to come by data for it as it would be for something which is in widespread use, what with it only having been in service for a short while, it is nevertheless out there to study for any developer who is prepared to negotiate with a user of the aircraft to allow access for doing development work. After all, the airlines would probably not be averse to their pilots to be able to have something of a study level to hone their skills on and PMDG don't merely knock out stuff for us lot, they do other stuff too of a more serious nature. We know this already happens with several high end FS aeroplanes from a number of developers.

I'd put money on PMDG having been working on making a new variant 737 for a while, it seems obvious to me; look at how many people were wanting the scimitar winglets for their NGs, people love the 737, so if there was a NEO 737 from PMDG, it'd sell like hot cakes, and they'll have been well aware of that for years.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

Pre release pricing, they set the price to the real aircraft price when an aircraft is in development.

I know :P :D

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

I'd put money on PMDG having been working on making a new variant 737 for a while, it seems obvious to me

Makes sense to me as well, the NGX does seem to be due for a reboot like the 747.