Sign in to follow this  
svfranchini

NG3? MAX?

Most likely one of Robert's wind-ups and they're all sitting there giggling right now.

• Upvote 3

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

1 minute ago, BillC said:

Most likely one of Robert's wind-ups and they're all sitting there giggling right now.

Mission accomplished :cool:

Aidan Hutchison

Well it will probably be a long ways away, aren't they doing the 748 and then the 200ER plus the JS41?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Nice catch! I can see a 737 Max coming...it could be a mirage though.:cool:

Mauricio Brentano

15 hours ago, svfranchini said:

What does it mean?

https://imgur.com/a/gN5Gd

Regards

Santiago V.

Super excellent find.  Yeah that is a clue for sure; there is no doubt about it.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 hours ago, Chock said:

It'd be silly for any major developer to ignore Cosford, it is one of the main events for people outside of the US.

Main events for Europeans/UK and other nearby nations. I’m stuck on the butt end of the world... :P

Well, what ever it was it just crashed my version of Ops Center.  After trying to update, it failed and I received "Error Code 5", whatever that means.  It asked me to restart my computer.  dinner time, so no problem there. 

I suspect Norton AV, Malwarebytes, or Defender. Between the three of them, nearly every software change on my computer fails or is stopped. <grrrrr> Just to stay safe in the on-line world.....

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

18 hours ago, svfranchini said:

What does it mean?

https://imgur.com/a/gN5Gd

Regards

Santiago V.

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Let's be honest, the PMDG 737 has been the company's bread and butter for years, right from the first one they made up to the very latest iteration, it's among the favourite add-on for loads of flight simmers, and deservedly so of course as it is excellent.

I have no doubt therefore that the new 737 variant is top of the list of priorities for a new development for PMDG, especially given their penchant for making Boeing stuff. And whilst it is true that it might not be as easy to come by data for it as it would be for something which is in widespread use, what with it only having been in service for a short while, it is nevertheless out there to study for any developer who is prepared to negotiate with a user of the aircraft to allow access for doing development work. After all, the airlines would probably not be averse to their pilots to be able to have something of a study level to hone their skills on and PMDG don't merely knock out stuff for us lot, they do other stuff too of a more serious nature. We know this already happens with several high end FS aeroplanes from a number of developers.

I'd put money on PMDG having been working on making a new variant 737 for a while, it seems obvious to me; look at how many people were wanting the scimitar winglets for their NGs, people love the 737, so if there was a NEO 737 from PMDG, it'd sell like hot cakes, and they'll have been well aware of that for years.

Very observant of you, but this is old news :). In one of his P3D4 posts, Robert talked about how they've been holding back on an NGX update as they are deciding between releasing it as service pack 2 or creating an NGX V3 (like the 747 V3) and throw the MAX in as well. They are still working on getting the new technology from the 747 v3 like the ground vehicles and performance optimisations back to the 777 AND NGX as well as a secret project none of you has really guessed :). You will see in coming weeks

• Upvote 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

13 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

Very observant of you, but this is old news :). In one of his P3D4 posts, Robert talked about how they've been holding back on an NGX update as they are deciding between releasing it as service pack 2 or creating an NGX V3 (like the 747 V3) and throw the MAX in as well. They are still working on getting the new technology from the 747 v3 like the ground vehicles and performance optimisations back to the 777 AND NGX as well as a secret project none of you has really guessed :). You will see in coming weeks

Teasing us like this is against the Geneva Conventions and is considered a crime against humanity :laugh:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, richjb2 said:

I suspect Norton AV, Malwarebytes, or Defender. Between the three of them, nearly every software change on my computer fails or is stopped. <grrrrr> Just to stay safe in the on-line world.....

You have Norton, Malwarebytes, and Defender? For quite some time, it has been the recommendation of the security community to have - at most - one solution on your computer. More primitive AV software would actually start attacking the other AV program because it was another program on your computer that would start to quarantine/delete things, which it would take as an attack. With Defender being built-in, people have relaxed that stance a bit, but the security community has really embraced Defender as opposed to the other solutions for home users. There's really no reason for anything else.

The assertion that aftermarket AV keeps you safe is entirely notional. It does nothing that Defender won't do, along with being smart about where you're putting your information (e.g. making sure you're not throwing personal information into insecure, non-HTTPS, unverified sites - something that AV really won't prevent you from doing - aftermarket or not), and not browsing to sketchy sites.

Sorry for the rant, but aftermarket AV was getting bad back in 2004. Now they're downright awful, and people seem to still blindly accept the idea that they're helpful, while the programs routinely prevent legitimate programs from running (and occasionally outright delete them), often without even notifying you that it has done anything...all at the extreme expense of your computer's processing power.

• Upvote 5

Kyle Rodgers

Totally agree about the Anti-virus situation - the "Anti-Virus" software these days actually behaves like a virus itself - using up CPU cycles, scanning every file that the hard drive reads into memory thus slowing performance, moving files on their own that break applications (quarantine), jumping up in your face every time you go to run a program, demanding more money each year with the claim that if you don't, bad things will happen.....etc..

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 2

My favorite thing was someone pirated a copy of Norton but it saw itself as a threat and deleted itself in a scan :laugh:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

as well as a secret project none of you has really guessed :). You will see in coming weeks

Got a source?

• Upvote 1

Got to tell you. If anyone ever pays the 5 Million tag for a PMDG plane should get a free of everything they make when ever that person wants.  

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight