Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

MCE flows for PMDG 747 QOTSII

Hi All,

Does anyone have the flows like the stuff that David Jerky has done for some aircraft?.

I have searched thelibrary, could not find any for the QOTS II or the 777.

I don't own either, but there seem to be some flows for these already included in the last update. Those can be modified to you liking. You can even incorporate pretty much anything that David H-E-R-K-Y did for another aircraft into these if you like. ;)

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

7 hours ago, ozflyer said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have the flows like the stuff that David Jerky has done for some aircraft?.

PMDG 747 QOTS is fully supported, even to much greater depth than the competition.

You need to run the app wizard briefly so the pre-made flows are copied to \My Documents\Myvoicescripts\ folder

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard.

No need for speech training.

You can modify the pre-made flows to match ANY airline SOPs. And you can assign a different checklist, say your real world airline checklist for rehearsal.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, ozflyer said:

Hi All,

Hello there Blue!

As above, also I don't have a 777 or 747 in my hangar, so no flows are on my upload site.

With PMDG it's fairly easy to copy all the flows from their FCOMs. I guess that's why they are called "Precision Manuals"? 

Also as previously stated, you can add flows and "import" flows from any other aircraft in MCE. Just use the "import" button in the GUI editor. 

Part of the satisfaction in using MCE is this ability to create/build up your own flows for your fleet. Then when you fly, you know you "own" that aircraft.  It takes a bit of work, but like flying, hard work at the beginning ensures happiness in the end!

BTW "Herky" isn't my real name, it's from "Herkybird" which is what some crew of the C130 used to call her!:biggrin:

Best regards

David 

13 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hello there Blue!

As above, also I don't have a 777 or 747 in my hangar, so no flows are on my upload site.

With PMDG it's fairly easy to copy all the flows from their FCOMs. I guess that's why they are called "Precision Manuals"? 

Also as previously stated, you can add flows and "import" flows from any other aircraft in MCE. Just use the "import" button in the GUI editor. 

Part of the satisfaction in using MCE is this ability to create/build up your own flows for your fleet. Then when you fly, you know you "own" that aircraft.  It takes a bit of work, but like flying, hard work at the beginning ensures happiness in the end!

BTW "Herky" isn't my real name, it's from "Herkybird" which is what some crew of the C130 used to call her!:biggrin:

Best regards

David 

Thanks David

Also apologies for misspelling your last name.

Will give it  go creating flows, was just being lazy I guess.

7 hours ago, ozflyer said:

Will give it  go creating flows, was just being lazy I guess.

No, and I am stating this for all other users, you don't actually need to create flows. We ship them for complex supported aircraft like these.

Just inspect them and remove whatever action your airline deems should be performed by the captain, or add any that wasn't accounted for.

This design makes it possible to have the exact SOPs for ANY real world or virtual airline.

It saves both of us arguing who handles external lights and when, never mind the need to update the software for things like that.

No bluffing or trying to get by with SOP1, SOP2, SOP3, SOP4, SOP5, SOP6.....nor trying to impress you with "our 747 consultant said it is done this way" BS.

We have real world pilots using MCE, and they know what they need to do, because it is intuitive. They'll find it in this fully interactive crew simulation, which is the closest to shared cockpit, as you can have all sorts of interactions with FO, including making emergency flows, and not go through a "scripted adventure", with you siting there like a duck waiting to pop into action as per manual, page 2 or 5.

Our FO can work out the flight phase automatically, as real pilots do I guess. You don't have to "click a panel" (or press a button) to tell him you're moving from "taxi" to "takeoff" so he can recognize "gear up", or meet you with silence because you failed to do so (and blame yourself for that).

You can of course try to fool MCE FO to retract the gear on ground or extend it at high speed.Let us know if you succeed. And that' just one example.

He's a well trained FO and knows the "Dos" and the "don'ts" of the job.

Just run the app wizard, and among other things it does, is to put the 747 QOTS II default flows in expected location, so that when you open the Voxscript panel, you can see them.

If you find it challenging to remember the trigger sentences for various flows, rename them to exact sentences that come to you naturally and FO will do what's in the flow based on your own trigger sentence if you wanted. You don't have to, but the capability is there.

Exit the wizard immediately after it starts. NO need to go through speech training.

Gerald - Renaming and cloning and renaming are the same right?. So I don't lose the original flows.

29 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

Gerald - Renaming and cloning and renaming are the same right?. So I don't lose the original flows.

Don't worry about the originals. There are copies (with default unaltered flows) in \Multi Crew Experience\Support\ folder (that's where the wizard copies them from).

Affirmative, use "Rename" flow when you want to change the trigger sentence for the flow and not keep the other trigger sentence.

Clone the flow, if you want to have multiple flows that do the same thing, only triggered by different custom commands. I mean to increase verbiage flexibility.

For instance, that's why you may see "before start flow" and "before start procedure". They do exactly the same. It's just so that you don't have to scratch your head about FO not getting it when you spoke "before start flow", and only the other trigger sentence "before start procedure" would be acceptable. You could clone and add "let's get ready for start", "Let's get going". "Time to leave" or whatever is your ideal trigger speech.

By the way, in the real world, there is no such thing as "before start flow" or "taxi flow".

Captain would usually just initiate the flow from memory(starts fiddling with overhead panel switches" which is in itself an indication to FO that he's obviously preparing the aircraft and eventually does his bit.

The checklist is the most important step. It's there to make sure actions performed from memory by the crew, are completed, so that there is no crucial oversight.

Because in the virtual world FO cannot see you, these triggers for various flows are there to let him know about your intentions.

I renamed a few flows using the in sim MCE window and then they did not work anymore. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

4 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I renamed a few flows using the in sim MCE window and then they did not work anymore. 

OK, will check.

Try restarting MCE.

I might have been doing it incorrectly. I used the rename feature in the MCE sim window to remove "flow" from the end of the command and used the "test" button to try it (not the mic). 

After I did that some flows worked but others would do nothing when "test"  button was tried (I think I saw the red text at the top of the screen but no verbal acknowledgement).

This is with last weeks version - have not tried again with the new updated version.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 10/7/2017 at 8:46 AM, FS++ said:

No, and I am stating this for all other users, you don't actually need to create flows. We ship them for complex supported aircraft like these.

Just inspect them and remove whatever action your airline deems should be performed by the captain, or add any that wasn't accounted for.

This design makes it possible to have the exact SOPs for ANY real world or virtual airline.

It saves both of us arguing who handles external lights and when, never mind the need to update the software for things like that.

No bluffing or trying to get by with SOP1, SOP2, SOP3, SOP4, SOP5, SOP6.....nor trying to impress you with "our 747 consultant said it is done this way" BS.

We have real world pilots using MCE, and they know what they need to do, because it is intuitive. They'll find it in this fully interactive crew simulation, which is the closest to shared cockpit, as you can have all sorts of interactions with FO, including making emergency flows, and not go through a "scripted adventure", with you siting there like a duck waiting to pop into action as per manual, page 2 or 5.

Our FO can work out the flight phase automatically, as real pilots do I guess. You don't have to "click a panel" (or press a button) to tell him you're moving from "taxi" to "takeoff" so he can recognize "gear up", or meet you with silence because you failed to do so (and blame yourself for that).

You can of course try to fool MCE FO to retract the gear on ground or extend it at high speed.Let us know if you succeed. And that' just one example.

He's a well trained FO and knows the "Dos" and the "don'ts" of the job.

Just run the app wizard, and among other things it does, is to put the 747 QOTS II default flows in expected location, so that when you open the Voxscript panel, you can see them.

If you find it challenging to remember the trigger sentences for various flows, rename them to exact sentences that come to you naturally and FO will do what's in the flow based on your own trigger sentence if you wanted. You don't have to, but the capability is there.

Exit the wizard immediately after it starts. NO need to go through speech training.

Exactly and it's the choice that we have with MCE which gives it a big advantage. It is you, the Captain of your simulated aircraft, who decides what to put into a flow. Make it as you want it! No playing pre recorded sound scripts at a pre determined time during the flight, go with your flow. Or use the ones that come in the pack. Or use mine from Avsim library!:cool:  Choice is power!

It's not only very satisfying to do this, it's great fun. Makes for a more rewarding hobby, not to mention a great learning tool. If your getting on a bit, it also helps keep that grey matter sharp!:blink:

Best regards

David

I just tried customs flows and impressed, did not know it would be so easy.

Also the flexibility !!!!, do not have to repeat the same phrases etc.

Just realised how powerful MCE is ...

Thbanks all for the tips..

Cheers

On 10/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, charlie130 said:

Exactly and it's the choice that we have with MCE which gives it a big advantage. It is you, the Captain of your simulated aircraft, who decides what to put into a flow. Make it as you want it! No playing pre recorded sound scripts at a pre determined time during the flight, go with your flow. Or use the ones that come in the pack. Or use mine from Avsim library!:cool:  Choice is power!

It's not only very satisfying to do this, it's great fun. Makes for a more rewarding hobby, not to mention a great learning tool. If your getting on a bit, it also helps keep that grey matter sharp!:blink:

Best regards

David

Hi David,

I downloaded your 737 NGX flows and am loving it.

Couple of questions.

You have a ramp0 sound file, I believe will be played at the end of boarding, how can you trigger that?.

Also I saw a command in one of the flows for jetway move which does not execute, I was expecting it to move the jetway. I have not been able to move jetway from a flow, is that possible?.

Thanks mate...