Sign in to follow this  
FedorKlootwijk

assigning taxi route

Just installed update 2.3.0.1. Thanks for constantly improving the program. But since the last update ATC seems to have a problem assigning  taxi routes. I used the new feature to import taxiways and gates from my P3D scenery. In the taxiway maintenance screen it looks more or less OK, but after positioning the aircraft at a gate (or any other spot), assigning an active runway and pressing display route, nothing happens. When running the program in the sim the taxi clearance only exists of "taxi to runway x" without a route. At some airports I get a route, but at most airports no route is assigned (for instance EGMC, EGKK). Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. In vs 2.2 I had no problems.

Fedor

I have also noticed a lack of taxi routes with this version.  I have never noticed this behavior before 2301.

Thanks for reporting this data problem.

I've rebuilt the full releases so they contain the previous version of the Taxiway data and should work as before.

The problem was that the new version of that data had been "cleaned up" and at some airports, the connections necessary to get taxi instructions had been eliminated. 

So if you decide to import airports from scenery, that process will clean up the data, but be sure to keep a backup of the old P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ABaseData_log.ldf files so you can revert back to them if you don't like the results of the import.

If you're having the problem describe here, you can download and install the full version of the software over what you have and the data files will be replaced with the ones that worked in previous versions.  DO NOT UNINSTALL anything as that will likely only mess up your license registration.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the new release. After importing scenery from P3D some taxiroutes work, others don’t, but now I managed to reconnect the taxiways to the runway and I get the right route from the gate to the runway. So now I can synchronize my scenery with the ATC instructions. Thanks.

Fedor