Sign in to follow this  
jimboflyer

automatic plane roll on rwy

Many times I have downloaded a plane (mostly twin props) and when I bring it up on the rwy. it starts rolling down the rwy. What can I adjust in the acft.cfg file to stop this?? I am running fsx-steam on Win 7. Any help would be appreciated. I am familiar with changing this in the acft.config files. Thank you

JimboFlyer

Set up a default flight with the parking brake set and the engines at idle. Save it. Then when you next load a flight, the brakes will be on.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are you sure the engines are at idle? Is your throttle device calibrated correctly? You mentioned twin props - are the condition levers set correctly?

I like to fly a freeware Avanti (a turbo twin) and she doesn't move unless commanded to.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks to all of you for your input. I've checked all of these hints and all check out. Still have the problem.Only some of my twins have this problem. Example: My Beech Duke does not automatically roll but my Beech C99 does. Most of my CSeries planes also auto roll. Not only is this a problem before taking off but it is also a problem upon landing, as it creates excessive speed on taxi when you want a slow roll into a gate, etc. I still think there is some adjustment that can be done in the acft.cfg file but I don't know what to adjust.

Any thoughts??  JimboFlyer

Thanks guys for all the input and help. When you mentioned Saitek config. I did some checking. I noticed I had a little null set for the one yoke setting and soon as I removed that null, now none of my planes roll automatically and I am very please. Thanks again, all of you for the suggestions.

JimboFlyer