Sign in to follow this  
somecallmesteve

Future Route Possibilities

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Please note that  full names - first and last - are required in posts here.

As far as the route possibilities go, I can't find any real operators using those pairs, but that could be a question of economics rather than capability. Try a route planner like SimBrief (simbrief.com) and see what it gives you.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Please note that  full names - first and last - are required in posts here.

As far as the route possibilities go, I can't find any real operators using those pairs, but that could be a question of economics rather than capability. Try a route planner like SimBrief (simbrief.com) and see what it gives you.

Okay, thank you. And sorry for my noobness.

1 hour ago, somecallmesteve said:

Okay, thank you. And sorry for my noobness.

Don't apologize, it is a sign of weakness (Gibbs).  You'll find the range of the B77L is remarkable, and I've flown some long ones just to see if it can be done.  My longest was KMEM to VTBS Memphis to Bangkok nonstop.  FEDEX has that route but they stop in Anchorage, I found you can make it if you don't carry much cargo. This is the economics consideration that Kyle mentions.  I'm pretty sure Delta has KATL-RJAA routes so CLT is not much further.  UAL has KIAD RJAA too... there's others too.  Use Flightaware and just start looking.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Don't apologize, it is a sign of weakness (Gibbs).  You'll find the range of the B77L is remarkable, and I've flown some long ones just to see if it can be done.  My longest was KMEM to VTBS Memphis to Bangkok nonstop.  FEDEX has that route but they stop in Anchorage, I found you can make it if you don't carry much cargo. This is the economics consideration that Kyle mentions.  I'm pretty sure Delta has KATL-RJAA routes so CLT is not much further.  UAL has KIAD RJAA too... there's others too.  Use Flightaware and just start looking.

What routes have you flown with the 77L?

I have done some research and United flies their 777-200ER between Newark and Narita. The 200ER has a range of 7,065nmi. The 777-300ER has a range of 7,370nmi. That's more than enough to make it from Charlotte to Tokyo nonstop. Keep in Mind that New York/Newark is farther away from Tokyo than Charlotte is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, somecallmesteve said:

What routes have you flown with the 77L?

Many many many...I am retired and am flying something in the simulator almost every day.  Keep in mind you can also fly the 77L on any 772 route flown by AAL out of DFW or MIA.  Just go to Flightaware and select view by aircraft type.

A few more interesting routes to me are ones like KATL-FAOR Atlanta to Johannesburg..., just waiting for NMG to update their scenery.  Crossing the S Atlantic you have to rely on Ascension Is for ETOPS alternate.

Note full names on all posts here please.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

One of the longest 77L flights is OTHH-KLAX, I think. Emirates flies OMDB-NZCH... I think just any major airline of the world has a dedicated Destinations page at the English language Wikipedia, e. g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways_destinations.

2 hours ago, downscc said:

A few more interesting routes to me are ones like KATL-FAOR Atlanta to Johannesburg..., just waiting for NMG to update their scenery.  Crossing the S Atlantic you have to rely on Ascension Is for ETOPS alternate.

Same here, just that I'm waiting for Aerosoft's Johannesburg... if it will ever be completed. And Orbx's OpenLC Africa.

3 hours ago, somecallmesteve said:

I have done some research and United flies their 777-200ER between Newark and Narita. The 200ER has a range of 7,065nmi. The 777-300ER has a range of 7,370nmi. That's more than enough to make it from Charlotte to Tokyo nonstop. Keep in Mind that New York/Newark is farther away from Tokyo than Charlotte is.

Believe they also fly it between Newark and Hong Kong, which I think might be further than that.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I've flown direct from Heathrow to Sydney before, as well as San Francisco to Antarctica, both well over 18 hours long. I beleive the Antarctica flight was something like 20 hours long and I was carrying all 358,000 pounds of fuel. The Heathrow-Sydney leg used 337,000 pounds if I recall, both insanely long flights. The LR can basically connect any 2 cities on Earth direct.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

One of the longest 77L flights is OTHH-KLAX, I think. Emirates flies OMDB-NZCH... I think just any major airline of the world has a dedicated Destinations page at the English language Wikipedia, e. g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways_destinations.

Same here, just that I'm waiting for Aerosoft's Johannesburg... if it will ever be completed. And Orbx's OpenLC Africa.

Same here, dying for a good Johannesburg. 

I've flown (for real) Delta KATL-ZSPD on many occasions, but sadly this route only lasted a few years, but it was a great flight - not stopping in Japan or Korea, just boom and you're there! That was nice. Oh, and that was flown with 777-200ER IIRC.

United's KORD-VHHH - in both directions - is still a classic that I've flown many times real-world - used to be 747-400's, but now I believe they are flying with 777's or even perhaps 787's - I haven't looked in a while.

But, to your point, and in support of others on this thread - yes, the 777LR, and even the ER can connect damn near any two points on the globe. Nnd the -300 as well if you don't need to carry a lot of freight with you. The 74's - still my favorites, were/are much more constrained.

And I agree with a prior entry - just get on and Fightaware, sort by type, then duration, and you'll see the amazing pairs possible today.

Enjoy!

Patrick Bell

Thank you, everyone, for the much-needed info. I do want to address several things. 1. I have misread an article, and United has not started their service between KEWR-RJAA yet. That flight will be using a 77W. 2. If there are any PMDG devs reading this post, please make a 777-200ER expansion for the current 777. But then again, it'd be a lost cause since the LR already fills that role, and we can just repaint the aircraft. 3. After looking at some of the flights you guys did, just dayum. No wonder why the 777 is one of the best aircraft Boeing has ever built. 4. Thank you again. 5. About New York/Newark being farther away from Charlotte, that may have been a lie. I thought Newark was Farther away from Charlotte-Douglas INTL, however, I can still be wrong. 6.I've been planning routes and looking at flight aware, and love them. It's so cool seeing all of the flights on a screen.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, somecallmesteve said:

I have misread an article, and United has not started their service between KEWR-RJAA yet. That flight will be using a 77W.

Actually, they've had that route back in the Continental days. I know this because I flew Continental 8 from RJAA to KEWR back in 2002. They have KEWR to RJAA now with the -200ER as United 79.

42 minutes ago, somecallmesteve said:

But then again, it'd be a lost cause since the LR already fills that role, and we can just repaint the aircraft.

You wouldn't have the right engines, though.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Actually, they've had that route back in the Continental days. I know this because I flew Continental 8 from RJAA to KEWR back in 2002. They have KEWR to RJAA now with the -200ER as United 79.

You wouldn't have the right engines, though.

For the first part, never mind.

For the second part, true.

• Upvote 1