Sign in to follow this  
somecallmesteve

Future Route Possibilities

Longest flight I've ever flown is a FlightAware route from YSSY - KDFW Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth in a PMDG B747-400 ER. (8,847mls over 15 hrs duration).

On 04/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, somecallmesteve said:

I was thinking of flying the 777-300ER from KCLT-RJAA, could I make it nonstop with this aircraft?

Also, could the 777-200LR fly direct between WSSS-KEWR?

If you're struggling for routes to programme your FMC, RouteFinder will just about connect any two points on the globe. KCLT-RJAA is a baby at 6,075 nm.

Bernard Walford

1 minute ago, walfob said:

Longest flight I've ever flown is a FlightAware route from YSSY - KDFW Sydney to Dallas Fort Worth in a PMDG B747-400 ER. (8,847mls over 15 hrs duration).

If you're struggling for routes to programme your FMC, RouteFinder will just about connect any two points on the globe. KCLT-RJAA is a baby at 6,075 nm.

Thank you, and I've been using RouteFinder to program these routes.

Other routes I have been working on include:

• LSZH-KLAX
  • LSZH-RJAA
  • LSZH-WSSS
  • KDFW-EGLL
  • KCLT-LSZH
  • KLAX-EDDF
  • KSFO-LSZH

and many others.

I was also thinking of doing LSZH-YSSY with the 77W. Will that require a refueling stop in Singapore?

Edited by somecallmesteve

You're welcome, but remember that RouteFinder will not programme the real world routes - only routes that connect the two airports for flight simulation purposes. If you want real world routes look on FlightAware, or, if you're prepared to pay, the virtual airline networks. 

Bernard Walford

11 minutes ago, somecallmesteve said:

Other routes I have been working on include:

• LSZH-KLAX
  • LSZH-RJAA
  • LSZH-WSSS
  • KDFW-EGLL
  • KCLT-LSZH
  • KLAX-EDDF
  • KSFO-LSZH

and many others.

I was also thinking of doing LSZH-YSSY with the 77W. Will that require a refueling stop in Singapore?

Almost certainly. Either Doha/Dubai or Singapore. All the commercial flights have a stopover at one of these places - unless you want to do a trial flight lightly loaded and with max fuel. This is the beauty of flight simulation. You could make it to Darwin and there's a lot of desert between there and Sydney.

Bernard Walford

I have set a plan to fly the 77L between KATL-YSSY. Will I need to do a refueling stop at either Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco? I'm thinking most likely yes.

1 hour ago, somecallmesteve said:

I have set a plan to fly the 77L between KATL-YSSY. Will I need to do a refueling stop at either Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco? I'm thinking most likely yes.

Looking at the Boeing performance charts, if you manage to keep your zero fuel weight at 430,000 or less, no. Otherwise, you'll need to, and it would have to be either Los Angeles or San Francisco. If you're at maximum take-off weight, you're asking for trouble if you try to do it in San Diego given the runway length.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Delta does fly KATL-KLAX and separately KLAX-YSSY with B77Ls.  Not sure there is a market in Atlanta to support a direct.  Qantas solves this by flying both YBBN and YSSY flights to KLAX then the bird from YSSY continues on to KJFK. This is nifty route planning.

Dan Downs KCRP

36 minutes ago, downscc said:

Delta does fly KATL-KLAX and separately KLAX-YSSY with B77Ls.  Not sure there is a market in Atlanta to support a direct.  Qantas solves this by flying both YBBN and YSSY flights to KLAX then the bird from YSSY continues on to KJFK. This is nifty route planning.

Thanks for the nifty info. I will plan a stop in KLAX from Atlanta.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, downscc said:

A few more interesting routes to me are ones like KATL-FAOR Atlanta to Johannesburg

Dan

I have no problem with fuel and payload for the flight but TOPCAT indicates no takeoff. Must be the 5000 + foot altitude of FAOR.

Many of these routes are possible with the 77L and 77W. Don't load the plane up with cargo and you should be fine. Plan routes using PACOTS if possible. ETOPS over the Pacific is easy...plenty of suitable alternates.

2 hours ago, pcubine said:

Dan

I have no problem with fuel and payload for the flight but TOPCAT indicates no takeoff. Must be the 5000 + foot altitude of FAOR.

I notice the departure from FAOR is 1950L, might help waiting for the evening cooling.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 10/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, somecallmesteve said:

Yes - with prevailing winds, prob 355 out of 365 days a year, you will need a fuel stop. But, that does mean that on 10-ish days out of the year, real-world winds may make this city-pair possible. ;)

On 10/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, somecallmesteve said:

3. After looking at some of the flights you guys did, just dayum. No wonder why the 777 is one of the best aircraft Boeing has ever built.

Yep, the 777 is a true workhorse and an amazing, modern, engineering marvel. But, wait until you see the range/weights/economy of the 787-9. I'm talking wow - it takes it to the next level.