Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

SOP2 - No Autopilot

I have flown with SOP2 and have not experienced this problem. However, I do not use the realistic AP engagement (as you do) because my older joystick seems to spike occasionally and knocks the AP off. The AP seems very sensitive when on realistic mode -- at least on my setup. 

Jim Erwin

That does raise a good question ... what IS that mode?  Isn;t that just a setting where if you move the yoke a certain amount it disengages automatically?

"If you set the autopilot engagement limitations to REALISTIC,then you must be within a small margin of “in trim” (no control forces required to keep airplane on desired path), you cannot be actively trimming, and the flight director should be nearly centered. If you violate any of these conditions, the autopilot will not engage."

This is the part I can't master. Plus, it was my experience that moving the yoke even just a little, intentionally or otherwise, seemed to disengage the autopilot. Sometimes it disengaged when I didn't even touch the yoke - leading me to suspect that there was an undetected spike. It kept happening until I turned off the realistic engagement. No problems now. 

Jim Erwin

Hmmm.  Okay in November I'll give that a try for sure :)  I now have my steering wheel hooked up as part of my streaming schedule.  I only do Flight Sim during the first part of each month then switch my desk around for driving simulation, so all my flight sim activities are now on hold until then.  But when i get back in I'll switch that setting and see what happens :)

I have had this problem for awhile. It is definitely FS2Crew trying to trim the A/C which knocks the a/p off. I know so as I can physically see the trim switch on the yoke moving without me touching it. I feel this has something to do with the after start procedures when PM is trying to set trim. Is there anyway we can disable PM from touching the trim as that would fix this issue.

Cheers

Lonz

40 minutes ago, byork said:

In SOP 1, the user is supposed to Set the TO Trim.

In SOP 2, the FO will set the trim during the Before Start Procedure.

At what exact point do you see the trim handle moving?

I notice if I try and change the trim setting during taxi FS2Crew will reset to its predefined setting. Also during the climbout I am unable to set a trim setting as PM wil reset trim. This is not desirable asn we are then unable to activate the Autopilot and are constantly flying out of trim as the result. Can we just disable the PM touching the trim or at least get an option to do so? It would 100% fix the issue.

Cheers

Lonz

1 hour ago, byork said:

That shouldn't happen.  And it would render SOP 2 useless for every user and I'd get 10 support tickets a day.

I just need to confirm that that you are running the Before Start procedure.

Hi Byork,

I can assure you I run everything to the letter. I have the tutorial in front of me every time to make sure. I have had this issue for a long time now but just hoped that it would be updated so never said anything (yes I know thats not the right thing to do but I think alot of people do that) I have recently reinstalled windows too and it still happens. It doesnt happen every time but its enough for me to avoid using it which is sad because the VA I fly for closely resembles SOP 2 for the 747. I was streaming my departure to my VA during an event today as it happened so ended up having to restart the sim on the climb out to stop PM from trimming.

Regards

Lonz

6 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Lonz,

Send me a Support Ticket at: www.fs2crew.com

I'll create a version for you so we can isolate it.

Cheers,

No problem Bryan, thanks for your help.

Cheers

Lonz