Hi all

Does anyone happen to know what models of Samsung 4k Monitors Jetline Systems sell and ship with their PC systems? Specifically wondering about the 28" monitor which is only listed as being Samsung.

Cheers,

Rich

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

If you call them im sure they will tell you the specs. (888) 695-3854  ask for ken or greg

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thanks for the suggestion but I will avoid bothering those good guys. Being European, I have no intention of paying for the shipping of a Jetline system all this distance. But I have instead tried to mirror their specs when homebuilding my Sim rig, which has resulted in me having a fantastic system. So thanks to those guys!

Being cheeky, I was hoping to leverage their experience in pairing their systems with monitors, in helping me decide what 28" 4K monitor to invest in! Im sold on Samsung, so was just wondering what the model is they use...

Cheers

Rob Bates

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I just recently purchased a Jetline System. At some point I was looking at the possibility of a new monitor and thought the Samsung u28d590d 28 4k uhd 3840 x 2160 monitor was what they were offering at the time. But I'm not 100% certain at this point.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

As Jesse noted,  Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor with Freesync support                                                                                                                        

Thanks guys. Much appreciate you taking the time.

Rob Bates

Jetset, that particular monitor (the Samsung U28E590D) has FreeSync which would be wasted on your NVIDIA graphics card as it operates only with AMD Radeon cards.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Funnily enough i had been looking at that exact monitor already because its relatively cheap.

The freesync element will not work, agrees. But with 4k, I'm not going to be shooting for frames above 30fps realistically - not with FSL320, add-on airports, Orbx global, Dynamic Lighting etc.. .. So my plan is to run a 30hz monitor with Vsync and TB enabled in P3D and settle.on smooth 30fps. I don't believe freesync would add anything in this situation so figured I'd be ok. Or am I missing a trick?

Thanks for the warning!

Rob Bates

A quick update - I took the plunge and bought said monitor. And....

BEAUTIFUL!

A few things I have already learnt about 4K...

- 28" is not too small (or so the vicar said to...... [no, don't go there]). I scaled Windows 10 to 200% and its looks great. A few programs are a bit funny with it (PFPX being the main one) but all is usable.

- 4K adds so much to P3D!!!! Everything in the PMDG747 has become readable in the cockpit, so I don't need to set views up with my face pressed to the CRTs. Cant wait to get the FSL A320 back!

- Antialiasing settings on a small 4K monitor become irrelevant. I have gone down to 2xMSAA and even that's not really needed. Jaggies are well and truly a thing of the past!

- FPS drop on moving to 4K was negligible for me. GTX 1070 seems to be working well.

- 30Hz was my plan but I really notice it when panning around, and mouse movement in Windows/Office I find irritating. So I have left my monitor on 60Hz with unlimited frames and VSync/TB on. Frames between 30 and 60 maintained and very little stuttering along the way.

- 30Hz with VSync on seems only useful when Activesky spits out complex overcast. My FPS drop to the 20-40 range with stutters, but putting the monitor into 30Hz means I can maintain 30 fps. BUT - again when panning around, I notice micro stutters.

So there we have it! A happy camper I am!!!

Rich

Rob Bates

Jetliine is the best company I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.  Talked to Ken today. Had an issue with Active Sky.  As long as the addon is associated with flight simulator, they help you.  AND they always solve the problem in my experience.  Whenever I have a problem, he picks up on usually the first ring, and his help is for LIFE if you deal with Jetline.  So very refreshing after so many years of calling support and talking to people neither I nor they could communicate in the same language.  And usually I waited for many minutes (even big parts of an hour) to get some help.  I'm on my 3rd Jetline computer and it is designed for FSX and Prepar3d.  Tremendous support and almost instantaneous.  All I can say is WOW.

Stan

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Tremendous support and almost instantaneous

That has also been my experience with Ken and Jetline. :smile:  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I have had the same experience with Jetline. After receiving my new system, I had a little difficulty calibrating my Virtualfly TQ6 the way I wanted it. Barely three days after Hurricane Irma passed through their area they were on the phone with me. They logged into my system in seconds and did the set up remotely. I had a sense that they were truly enjoying providing the support. Very refreshing experience.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

There's no doubt that the next big technological jump that relates to Flight Simulation will lead me to my NEXT Jetline system. I asked Ken to let me know when something big happens that improves the simulation by another big leap.

Stan