Sign in to follow this  
blaird22

Navigraph question...

I didn't see any dedicated Navigraph forums, so figured I'd ask here...

If we subscribe to Navigraph, do we own the actual AIRAC cycles within the timeframe of the subscription?  Or are we just able to update while we have said subscription?

To clarify: I have a subscription right now but will probably cancel shortly as my PMDG NGX, Active Sky, and SimBrief are all updated to AIRAC 1710.  If I cancel and purchase the QW787 when it comes out for P3Dv4, can I update to 1710, or do I have to re-subscribe?  Thanks in advance!

When it comes to software you usually don't own anything: you have a license to use it. :happy: But that aside: you can download airacs as long as you have a subscription. When you end your current subscription and want to download another airac later on you will have to re-subscribe.

Now I don't really know how it works with the Navigraph manager but you could download the manual files from this site

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

and those files can be installed time and time again even if you don't have a subscription. You could say you own those files. I usually take a one month subscription whenever I have a few new addons and I want to bring everything to the same airac. I don't need to be up to date all the time. Even when I reinstall my entire computer I can use those manual Navigrpah files to bring all my addons to the same level. I don't think you can do that when you use the manager because afaik it needs an active subscription. It might be an idea to download ALL available manual Navigraph installers from one airac just in case you decide to buy another addon that needs one.

However, your problem is there isn't a file yet for the yet to be released 787 so if you unsubscribe before there is one, you are out of luck and you will have to re-suscribe to bring all your addons on the same level. And that probably will have to be the level of the airac that is available at that moment: afaik Navigraph won't offer an old airac (like 1710 will be by then) for new products.

Jeroen saved me a lot of typing. Just to add confirmation to what he said, this is from the Navigraph website:

"Access to the data is determined by your subscription start date and end date, which is printed on your receipt. NOTE: We never provide access to previous cycles, neither data files nor access codes, and regardless of your previous purchases. We only keep the current cycle on the server, and if you have an active subscription, you may download."

So, once your subscription expires you have no further access to the Navigraph AIRAC distribution system. Grab the cycle 1710 manual installer for QualityWings (all products). More likely than not the data will be compatible with the QW787 for P3D.

• Upvote 1

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Now I don't really know how it works with the Navigraph manager but you could download the manual files from this site

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

2 hours ago, coa1117 said:

So, once your subscription expires you have no further access to the Navigraph AIRAC distribution system. Grab the cycle 1710 manual installer for QualityWings (all products). More likely than not the data will be compatible with the QW787 for P3D.

Exactly what I was looking for... Thanks!!

2 hours ago, J van E said:

When it comes to software you usually don't own anything:

What Navigraph provides isn't software, it's a service that provides data. Look up Feist v. RTS for how it works.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

You'll want to download it ahead of time whilst 1710 is still active. Once it rolls over to 1711, you won't be able to download 1710 anymore. You can pretty much download whatever ones you need when that particular cycle is active, so if you need it for other planes, I'd get it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.