Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

Default Aircraft

I am looking at using PSXseeconTraffic with P3dv4.  I currently fly with vPilot using the default aircraft which is fine for me.  Can I use the Real Traffic and the default aircraft like I am doing with vPilot?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I'm sorry, I do not understand your question, What do you mean with "default aircraft"?

2 hours ago, kiek said:

I'm sorry, I do not understand your question, What do you mean with "default aircraft"?

I was referring to the default AI aircraft  that are generated by vPilot.   I do not run any AI aircraft other than what is generated by vPilot.   When I see an aircraft using vPilot I see the CRJ 700 which is the default aircraft I have chose in model matching.  

Bill 

I still don't understand. Are you saying that you would like to see each real live aircraft modelled bij PSXseeconTraffic as a CRJ700 ?

In my Manual there is a chapter about model matching, maybe you should read that first.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, kiek said:

I still don't understand. Are you saying that you would like to see each real live aircraft modelled bij PSXseeconTraffic as a CRJ700 ?

In my Manual there is a chapter about model matching, maybe you should read that first.

I have read your manual a couple of times. Let me try one more time to explain what I would like to do.

I use P3dv4.  I do not have any AI aircraft installed other than what came with P3dv4. I fly with Vatsim using vPilot.  In vPilot I have selected the CRJ as the default aircraft if non of the P3dv4 default AI aircraft show up.  This works without any problems.  I have installed Real Traffic and I am able to see live traffic until it times out.  I have installed PSXseeconTraffic and it appears to be working.  I get a message that no aircraft are displayed.

Instead of installing a large number of AI aircraft on my computer I would like to use the P3dv4 default aircraft like I do with vPilot.  When I read about model matching in your manual on page 22 it left the impression that if the incoming data from Real Traffic had to match the AI aircraft exactly, i.e. airline and aircraft type.  Obviously this will not happen using the P3dv4 default aircraft.  

I really like the concept you have developed with Real Traffic, but before I invest $50 a year for a Real Traffic subscription I would like to get this to work.

blaustern

9 hours ago, Bluestar said:

A) I use P3dv4.  I do not have any AI aircraft installed other than what came with P3dv4.

B) ... Instead of installing a large number of AI aircraft on my computer I would like to use the P3dv4 default aircraft

C) ... before I invest $50 a year for a Real Traffic subscription I would like to get this to work.

Ad A) P3Dv4 does not come with AI aircraft.... The aircraft in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder are all flyable aircraft, none of it is AI.

Ad B) What you call default aircraft are what I would call standard aircraft (that comes with P3D v4). A default aircraft is what vPilot uses if no match could be made, and same for PSXseeconTraffic if no match could be made it will choose a default aircraft (by category Heavy, Middle, Light or Helicopter).

Ad C) You really have to install some AI Aircraft otherwise it will not work. Note that you could use a subscription for a month first at $9.99

If P3dv4 does not have any AI aircraft why do aircraft show up using vPilot?  

blaustern

Maybe you should ask that question in the vPilot forum.

It's not a vPilot problem.  PSX showed "#l Live 30" when I departed KDFW.  The only one I saw visually and on TCAS was the one generated by vPilot.  Are the aircraft generated by PSX visible on TCAS?

blaustern

8 hours ago, Bluestar said:

It's not a vPilot problem.  PSX showed "#l Live 30" when I departed KDFW.  The only one I saw visually and on TCAS was the one generated by vPilot.  Are the aircraft generated by PSX visible on TCAS?

Yes the ones generated by PSXseeconTraffic are visible on TCAS but I doubt there are any aircraft injected in your Sim if you do not have AI aircraft installed. Look in the PSXseeconTraffic.log file... don't you see lots of cannot create errors? 

I have not given up.  But still no AI aircraft visible including TCAS.  I have installed B737 and A321 for AAL at KDFW in P3dv4.  

This is the AI Liveries.txt - 

AAL;A321;1;FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM;F-WWIB
AAL;A321;1;FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines;N151UW
AAL;B738;1;FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
BOE;B738;1;Boeing 737-800 Boeing House Livery
BOE;B744;1;FAIB 747-400 Boeing Rollout colors
SWA;B738;1;FAIB Boeing 737-800WLS Southwest HeartOne new colors;N8642E

This is portions of the PSXseeconTraffic.log - 

SWA996  B737 M N203WN  STL->DAL =s=   similar type B738, FAIB Boeing 737-800WLS Southwest HeartOne new colors
AAL2540 B738 M N967NN  PBI->DFW ===   FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
AAL1178 B738 M N834NN  SLC->DFW ===   FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
AAL606  A321 M N916US  DFW->CLT ===   FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM
AAL2238 A321 M N145AN  LGA->DFW ===   FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines
AAL1500 B738 M N969AN  PDX->DFW ===   FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
AAL1256 B738 M N955NN  DFW->CZM ===   FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
AAL2239 B738 M N961NN  DFW->CMH FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC could not be created!
AAL1261 B738 M N936NN  DFW->IAD FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC could not be created!
AAL2557 A321 M N136AN  DFW->AUS FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines could not be created!
AAL60   B738 M N817NN  DFW->MIA FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC could not be created!
AAL2462 B744 H N827AN  LAX->DFW FAIB 747-400 Boeing Rollout colors could not be created!
AAL1425 B738 M N804NN  DFW->RDU FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC could not be created!
AAL2313 A321 M N9006   DFW->GDL FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM could not be created!

********************************* live traffic livery matching summary *****************************************

62 liveries needed, 59% were completely matched
56 aircrafts could not be created:
  AAL1178 B738 M N834NN  SLC->DFW FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1189 B738 M N826NN  YVR->DFW FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1230 A321 M N9023N  DFW->BJX FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM
  AAL1237 B738 M N863NN  DFW->FLL FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1256 B738 M N955NN  DFW->CZM FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1261 B738 M N936NN  DFW->IAD FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL128  B744 H N809AA  DFW->MCO FAIB 747-400 Boeing Rollout colors
  AAL1393 A321 M N147AA  DFW->SFO FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM
  AAL1425 B738 M N804NN  DFW->RDU FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1500 B738 M N969AN  PDX->DFW FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1505 B738 M N929NN  ONT->DFW FAIB_FSX_B738W_AAL-American Airlines NC
  AAL1524 A321 M N969TW  SAT->DFW FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines
  AAL1547 A321 M N138AN  DFW->CUN FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines
  AAL1641 A321 M N917UY  SFO->DFW FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines
  AAL1653 A321 M N519UW  PHL->DFW FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM
  AAL2190 A321 M N9629H  STL->DFW FAIB Airbus A321 Roll-Out Colors CFM
  AAL2238 A321 M N145AN  LGA->DFW FAIB_FSX_A321_CFM_AAL-American Airlines

The missing liveries were for the following airline + type code(s):
  AAL A319
  AAL A320
  AAL B788
  AAL B789
  AAL MD83
  ASQ CRJ7
  DAL B712
  DAL MD88
  ENY E135
  ENY E145
  ENY E75L
  FDX DC10
  QTR A359
  SWA B737

The similar liveries were for the following airline + type + similar type code(s):
  AAL A320 A321
  SWA B737 B738

It looks to me like this should be working, but I have no idea why nor do I know where to look.  I have gone back over your manual several times but can not see where I have gone wrong.  It's obvious I am missing something, but I do not know what it is.

blaustern

In the log you can see that 56 aircraft could not be created... That's the reason why you don't see them at your TCAS, they are not injected your Flight Simulator!

Manual section 3.1:

Don’t forget to add the correct entries for your installed freeware and payware aircraft in

P3D v2: <appdata> Prepar3D.cfg

P3D v3: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects.cfg

P3D v4: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects.cfg

FSX:  <appdata> FSX.cfg.

If you forget it your AI aircraft will not be activated in your Simulator and you will see no traffic and you will find lots of “cannot create messages” in the log of PSXseeconTraffic.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

P3D v4: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects.cfg

[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=Default AI Aircraft
Path=SimObjects\AI Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

This is from my SimObjects.cfg.

blaustern

Does SimObjects\AI Aircraft   exist?

Where did you install your FAIB... aircraft?

22 minutes ago, kiek said:

Does SimObjects\AI Aircraft   exist?

Where did you install your FAIB... aircraft?

C:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\AI Aircraft\FAIB\FAIB_A321_CFM

blaustern