Sign in to follow this  
737_800

P3D freeware airports for VFR

Hello,

I want to  fly some rounds with my Cessna 172 in the US. Can you name some good freeware vfr airfields? There were some from ORBX, but I can't find them anymore.

Link to ORBX freeware: https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Not sure but you may need some ORBX regions to make them look ok.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I am looking for a specific that was in the North/West of the US. Close to Seattle or rather close to the Canadian border, may be it was in Canada. Pretty cool mountainous airfield from ORBX. Do you know which one that might be? It's not on the ORBX Site anymore.

Not sure what you mean by vfr field.  Maybe you mean a smaller airport used typically by general aviation?  I bet you're thinking of Bowerman KHQM.  It's a Orbx freeware airport 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

I am looking for a specific that was in the North/West of the US. Close to Seattle or rather close to the Canadian border, may be it was in Canada. Pretty cool mountainous airfield from ORBX. Do you know which one that might be? It's not on the ORBX Site anymore.

Could you be looking for CBB7? It was Orbx freeware but the author pulled the file. It was for FSX and never updated for P3DV3 but would work in P3DV3. A lot have tried to get it going in P3DV4 but it does not look the same with a lot of missing buildings. I gave up on trying to get it to work.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Thank for your answers.

Greg, you have been right with your guess. I searched for CBB7 and the reason I apparently I couldn't find it, is clear now.

It's a shame that it was for FSX, only. I only have P3D v2 and the ASA Cessna 172 for P3D. Never used Prepare so far, still on FSX. So even if there would be a chance to get the file for FSX it would be useless, because I have no proper general aircraft for FSX. Is there other good stuff our there for general aviation for P3D v2? Doesn't need to be ORBX, but when it is I only have Base back and EU Region. Despite EU Package I'm looking for airports in the US.

27 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Thank for your answers.

Greg, you have been right with your guess. I searched for CBB7 and the reason I apparently I couldn't find it, is clear now.

It's a shame that it was for FSX, only. I only have P3D v2 and the ASA Cessna 172 for P3D. Never used Prepare so far, still on FSX. So even if there would be a chance to get the file for FSX it would be useless, because I have no proper general aircraft for FSX. Is there other good stuff our there for general aviation for P3D v2? Doesn't need to be ORBX, but when it is I only have Base back and EU Region. Despite EU Package I'm looking for airports in the US.

Orbx has a number of great freeware airports. they do call for regions or global to be installed. I am thinking the base pack you refer to is actually Global. They are worth a try.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I have been doing small airports in Western Kentucky.  I have KPAH, M25 and 2M0 done with 5M9 due out the first of next week and then M34 in a couple more weeks.  These are all within 30 minutes of each other and are done in high detail made from on site pics.  I have flown to all these in real life in a 172 and they should be great for VFR hops..  I also did KILE but that is out in Texas.  Check the file library here.

• Upvote 2