Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Unable to use Vnav in P3Dv4

As the title says. Help please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sorry with the NGX

Dave Taylor gb.png

We need more information, describe what is leading up to this event. Are you on the ground or in the air? Can you arm it and it just won't follow the path or are you unable to arm it? 

You sneaky guy trying to hide your name under your banner :laugh:

22 minutes ago, G7USL said:

As the title says. Help please?

As John mentioned, please be more specific. When requesting support, it's best to be as specific as possible - more detail is quite a lot better than none at all.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As John mentioned, please be more specific. When requesting support, it's best to be as specific as possible - more detail is quite a lot better than none at all.

Both.

Dave Taylor gb.png

14 minutes ago, G7USL said:

Both.

both. 

:mellow:

(??)

15 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

both. 

:mellow:

(??)

In the air, and on the ground Ephedrin.

Dave Taylor gb.png

you maybe should describe the circumstances... what are you doing, what do you mean you are not able to use VNAV... it's very likely an issue with your configuration, not with the installation..

make sure your FMC is set up completely and correctly, that both Flight directors are activated, that your overhead panel is set up and so on... 

maybe it also helps to read the tutorial flight (again) and make sure you don't miss anything...

53 minutes ago, G7USL said:

Both.

You’re vagueness and general disinterest in awnsering people’s questions doesn’t help solve your issue. Please give an example of when this happened including how you set up the fmc, and the altitude and fma indications when you tried to engage vnav.

Aidan Hutchison

Hi Dave,

Since you give no information whatsoever about what doesn't work we cannot help you...

Imagine you call a mechanic and tell him by phone: "Cannot use my car"... How could he help you with no detail?

Or an IT guy: "Cannot use my computer"... with no more detail. That's what you are doing in the forum here hoping that someone will read in their crystal ball what is your issue!?

We cannot guess what is wrong. Keep in my mind that we cannot look at your screen over your shoulder to see what is going on.

So describe your problem or just give up for everybody's sake!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

...and I'll check out here.

The user community can take it from here, or you can submit a ticket with the requested detail. Nobody can provide support without detail, and to be quite honest, when the support is being provided by the volunteers here, the single-word snarky response really isn't going to get people drawn to the cause.

I'm not a volunteer, but I am not required to provide support here. That's for the queue. When you're serious about the matter, you can reach us there if you'd like.

Kyle Rodgers

I'd just like to say that, I am no new user to the NGX and have been flying and programming it ever since it came out. I get no V-speeds showing in the HSI after clicking the V-speeds on the INIT page. In the air Vnav just does not switch on no matter how many times you click on it after FL030. You can help me with this or ignore me. I am only a customer.

Dave Taylor gb.png

1 minute ago, G7USL said:

I'd just like to say that, I am no new user to the NGX and have been flying and programming it ever since it came out. I get no V-speeds showing in the HSI after clicking the V-speeds on the INIT page. In the air Vnav just does not switch on no matter how many times you click on it after FL030. You can help me with this or ignore me. I am only a customer.

Dave,

I know you've been around here for a while. As such, I know that you know that the official avenue for support is the support queue. No providing support via the unofficial method is not ignoring you as a customer, sorry.

I asked for detail earlier. More specifically, I asked you for as much detail as possible. You provided a single word response. Sorry, but if you're responding to a request for more detail with a single word response, you shouldn't expect much in return in terms of help.

Like I said, you know the official avenue for support. If you'd like support via the official avenue, I'd be happy to help, provided you give us information to work with. In the meantime, you can wait here for other users to assist you, though given your responses so far, I don't think many will be diving in.

Kyle Rodgers

57 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

given your responses so far, I don't think many will be diving in.

You're right about that. Literally no idea where to even start with this one with the information provided. Not even going to try. This one's worse than some of the ones I've seen at the QualityWings forums when I tried to help people with the 787.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Count me out too.

Dan Downs KCRP