Sign in to follow this  
SO666

DC-6 in FSX

Hi.

The other day , i could resist no longer the urge to buy the DC-6 , i have found the docs that contain the checlklist for the aircraft , but when i tried to copy the default A321 checklist and paste into the DC-6A and renamed it , to see if it would show when called , it did not , this was a test prior to editing this file to the DC-6 systems as per the adobe docs .

How can i get a checklist to show in the kneepad for this aircraft , as far as i can tell i have done it correctly , so what have i missed.

If i cannot get it to show this way , then i will just have to put up with a notepad doc , which should do the same thing.

Also on a flight yesterday , from KBUR to KLAS , i could not turn of the ident , even when all radios and nav equipment was turned off this ident was still going , as anyone else had this problem , i cannot send a ticket in till i can eliminate operator error.

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

Hi.

I found the answer regarding the checklist i needed to edit the aircraft.cfg just below the aircraft texture with a kb line copied and edited to call the dc-6 checklist , now i just need to edit the file for the dc-6 systems .

regards alan cottrill.

p.s. still not solved the ident issue yet.

Alan Cottrill.

Hi.

Today i have been testing the DC-6 radios and nav on vatsim via vpilot , and found .

1/ if i use the aircrafts coms 1/2 they do not work , i can change the frequencies , but cannot hear ASN weather broadcasts on 122.00 / 122.02 / 122.05 and cannot communicate with any online controllers when tuned to their frequencies.

2/ if i use the aircrafts nav 1/2 it seems to work but no ident sound when ident selected and tuned to a nearby frequency.

If i use my SAITEK radio panel ..

1/ if i use the Saitek coms 1/2 they do work , i can change the frequencies on the saitek , but aircraft freqs do not change in the radios , but i can here ASN weather broadcasts on 122.00 / 122.02 / 122.05 and can communicate with any online controllers when tuned to their frequencies.

2/ if i use the saitek nav 1/2 it seems to work the aircraft nav needles but the ident sound when tuned to a nearby frequency cannot be cancelled.

i am useing FSX+ACCELERATION on Win7 64bit op system.

Before i submit a ticket , is anyone else getting this problem.

Regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

42 minutes ago, SO666 said:

Before i submit a ticket , is anyone else getting this problem.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Running your sim as an admin? Running vPilot as an admin? Have you tried without the Saitek panels?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

This is the only aircraft , that has this issue , and i have different manufacturers of aircraft , from A2A connie , B17  to PMDG b737,B777 JS41 aeroplane heaven sb2c mjcq400 to name but a few of my aircraft , sim and anything to do with it is excluded from my anti virus and all should be running as admin , as you need full user permissions on vpilot and cxacars which records flights for the va i fly for , but i will do more checks.

regards alan.

Alan Cottrill.

Hi.

On further investigation with different radio nav equipment selected , it seems like it was operator error that was the main cause .

The only problem i now seem to have is

1 / nav 2 ident will not turn off , even when the switch on nav 2 is turned to ident off in GNS430 option

2 / nav 1 and 2 ident will not turn off , even when the switch on nav 1 and 2 is turned to ident off in GNS400 option

2/ nav 1 and 2 ident will not turn off , even when the switch on nav 1 and 2 is turned to ident off in no GPS option

regards alan cottrill.

P.S. it was not a permissions issue.

Alan Cottrill.