Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

A query about moving to P3Dv4

I haven't migrated to P3D yet but was considering trying it out by installing it on my current computer to run beside FSX. It's likely however that I might need to replace my computer within the next couple of years and I just wondered if the P3D licence would be transferable to a new computer or whether it would require a new licence to be purchased? I have looked at P3Dv4 T&Cs and it says that the licence is for one computer, which I understand, but it is not clear whether that licence can be transferred.

Bill

As long as you remember to uninstall from your old computer before you install on the new, you will have no problems. You simply cannot have two P3D installations with the same registration key.

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Hello Bill 

Yes as Mario states you need to first Uninstall\Deactivate Prepar3D from your current computer and then Install to your new computer 

This way you deactivate the license on your current computer and you wont run into activation Issues going forward