Sign in to follow this  
mawibo

Multiple notification e-mails

Hi Jim,

I have all notifications disabled now, but I'm still getting double, triple, ... e-mails.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

In the Prepar3D Forum, you and 147 others were following.  Anytime someone posts something in there, it means an e-mail will be sent or you will see a notification at the top of the forums.  I would not follow a complete forum, especially P3D as it is very popular and just use the 'Unread Content' at the top of the forum as it will provide you any new topics.  I removed the 147 followers and added you back on so, if you do not want to be following every thread, post, etc., in the P3D Forum, then you should remove yourself. This number of followers may have been carried over from the old system and somehow got corrupted.  Otherwise I have looked at your account and see no problems.  It is like other accounts.  I think the 147 followers in the P3D Forums was the problem.  I could see around 25 of the followers but not the rest.  The system would not allow it and that's not good as I'm supposed to see it.  So that's the reason I removed everyone.  It is possible you were indicated as following more than once.  Again, I did indicate you were following the P3D Forum so, if you do not want to get an e-mail or notification for each post or topic, then you need to remove yourself as a follower.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

The problem seems to be solved: since you made the change, I am no longer receiving multiple e-mails for the same post.

thanks, Maarten

Good news Maarten.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I'm starting to get duplicate e-mails again. This time for posts in the PMDG 777 forum. I received 6 identical e-mails just a second ago. Can please have a look again?

thanks, Maarten

I have returned your notification settings to the default.  You had about everything e-mailed to you.  Hopefully this will work but it will be difficult for me to believe it works as the developer of the website gives one the ability to toggle a notification on the website when you visit and an e-mail notification too. 

I am not a computer expert or the tech in charge of this website.  We have an IT tech and will have to pass this on to him if the problem continues (Tom was our former tech and only one qualified.  I'm seeing he did an excellent job when he was managing the website!!).  Strange why this problem only happens with you (or appears to be happening only to you).  I have compared your account with other forum moderators and there is nothing different (except most use the default notification settings). 

Submit News to AVSIM

I also get multiple emails for the same new content (one post) despite that I have set it to send all new contents in a daily email.

58 minutes ago, BuboBubo said:

I also get multiple emails for the same new content (one post) despite that I have set it to send all new contents in a daily email.

I would suspect you would receive a lot of e-mails from us.  You changed the default settings and even asked us to send you e-mails again when someone comments on something you follow.  So, you are going to get one when you indicate in the topic you want to follow it, new content when you post, and content you reply to.  You need to go back to the default settings.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM