Sign in to follow this  
Emri Bachar

Tweaks for FSX SE

Hello i download again the fsx for QW787 i thought is run clearly but is stuck at 7 fps anyone can help me about the settings i tried all the last day nvdia dx10 and .cfg is not help also add enb reshade my specs is 1080TI 7700K 

Recommend you download the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link in my signature).  With your system, you should be getting 300 FPS with default aircraft/scenery and settings.  With a commercial addon, at least 40 FPS.  It looks like you have your sliders set to max.  Won't work with FSX.  FSX uses more resources than an expensive benchmark program to test how well a program can run under stress.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, as you probably know, one of the main fixes for FSX is called P3D V4 and the other one is called FSW, but having said that, here are some things which will improve it:

Get Steve's DX10 fixer (cloud shadows add on not necessary, just the main fixer, but the additional cloud shadow thing helps and does make it look better, and is on sale at the moment too), that way you can run it in DX10 mode without graphical errors, shading will look better and your GPU will probably run it better too.

Don't run it at too high a resolution, it wasn't built for running at 4k, which never even existed back when it was first made by MS, but on that subject, the Steam Edition is the one you want rather than the old boxed/download version, as that also makes it run better with less chance of an OOM and that version has all the patches and tweaks already done (apart from having to manually install three simconnect utilities if you want the PMDG NG or other fancy stuff to run without issues). It also runs FPS a bit better because of it having been recompiled to work better on more modern hardware. 

Knock the AI ground traffic off off if you have that on, as it really eats up frames. Take the aircraft AI down to 50 percent, it is still plenty busy on that and any decent computer should be able to handle that. Drop the cloud draw distance a bit too, it still looks okay without that being on maximum. TerraFlora trees add on actually gets a bit better FPS than the original stuff too, so that's worth installing if you already have it for P3D, since it works in both sims. Knock the autogen back a little bit too, it'll still look okay with it not on 100 percent.

Beyond that, try having your GPU override the FSX settings so it is handling more stuff rather than having FSX do all the work, which it does on the CPU rather than with your GPU doing it if you override stuff.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

i have p3dv4 fsx for qw787.. p3dv4 run with all addons clear i set all low and all max and stiil 7 ..

also have dx10 try its not help

37 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Recommend you download the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link in my signature).  With your system, you should be getting 300 FPS with default aircraft/scenery and settings.  With a commercial addon, at least 40 FPS.  It looks like you have your sliders set to max.  Won't work with FSX.  FSX uses more resources than an expensive benchmark program to test how well a program can run under stress.

is work for your perfect? can u give me a link that is safe for UIAutomationcore.dll please 

Link to uiautomationcore.dll is in the guide.  But, if you have FSX-SE installed, it is installed already.  The recommendation in the guide is just for the Boxed Versions of FSX.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

17 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Link to uiautomationcore.dll is in the guide.  But, if you have FSX-SE installed, it is installed already.  The recommendation in the guide is just for the Boxed Versions of FSX.

so what should i do for fsx se?

The guide has recommended settings for FSX and for your display driver (with images).

Submit News to AVSIM

Cannot understand anything you are saying.

Submit News to AVSIM

I ask if is only for fsx (deluxe or your version) or is can be work also in my version se... and ask also if is run for you 30+ or run clear not stuck

This is what the guide states:

"This Guide provides members with a one-stop guide for configuring FSX | FSX-SE for optimum performance.  Our goal at AVSIM is to make setting up FSX as simple and quick as possible and to educate.   It was developed to help the novice and intermediate computer users in setting up FSX and running it.  AVSIM hopes our efforts will assist you in the immediate enjoyment and learning in the world of flight and flight simulation." 

Submit News to AVSIM

I cannot.  We do have hundreds of users who will be happy to help though!

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM