stinger2k2

Lua help needed please

Hi all,

I have traced an Lvar which is some sort of timer. It looks like this...

ASD_SWITCH_CUTOUT_EMB505_TIMER= 48306.53 (Carenados Phenom 300, pusher cutout switch).

The figure after the equals sign changes over time, so if I activate the switch in the VC five minutes

later the figure "48306.53" would be different. I assume it looking at an offset for this, but which one?

Any ideas where it would be picking this figure up from?

cheers

Stinger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 05/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, stinger2k2 said:

I assume it looking at an offset for this, but which one?

Any ideas where it would be picking this figure up from?

It is more likely to be an internal counter maintained by one of the gauges. There is no reason to suppose it is an FSX internal value and hence that it will map onto an FSUIPC offset. You don't say what the switch is or why you are interested in the Lvar, so it's hard to say anything more.

On 23/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, MarkDH said:

It is more likely to be an internal counter maintained by one of the gauges. There is no reason to suppose it is an FSX internal value and hence that it will map onto an FSUIPC offset. You don't say what the switch is or why you are interested in the Lvar, so it's hard to say anything more.

Hi, 

I did say, i guess that you missed it, that it's to operate the pusher cut out switch on the Phenom 300. I need to understand what's happening with the lvar so that i can write a lua macro using LINDA. Once done i can then assign it to an external switch on my cockpit.

I guess i was hoping that someone who knows this aircraft more intimately might spot my post. Thanks for the reply anyhow.

Cheers Stinger