Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Premier and GTN750

I am using the GTN750 as a popup with the Premier. It worked fine for a week or so, but now the GTN freezes up when I am inputting a flight plan. Initially I would switch to the 650, and it would work OK, but now that freezes up as well. The 750 works fine on all my other aircraft. It's just the Premier that has a problem, which figures because it is now my favorite bizjet.

Any ideas?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 10/5/2017 at 10:15 AM, b1bmsgt said:

I am using the GTN750 as a popup with the Premier. It worked fine for a week or so, but now the GTN freezes up when I am inputting a flight plan. Initially I would switch to the 650, and it would work OK, but now that freezes up as well. The 750 works fine on all my other aircraft. It's just the Premier that has a problem, which figures because it is now my favorite bizjet.

Any ideas?

Russ

the premier sadly is te only Carenado I just simply couldnt get to work..In my instance its the proline / navigraph with my particular computer. I have Hangars full of Carenado Alabeo A2A etc. In fact The Phenom 100 is working great with Bert Piekes mods (as do all) but even a back and forth with Carenado support we gave up and I got a refund..Some folks get the Premier to work. I cant even get it to acknowledge the GTN 750 as a popup. Good luck.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

OK, problem was I was using the lite version which aliased the panel from the full version. Once I copied the panel files over to the lite version everything is fine!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 10/6/2017 at 1:36 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my Premier GTN integration mod.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58698&title=gtn-in-beechcraft-premier-i-p3d4

Hi Bert,

After watching the brilliant Premier1 Driver on Youtube for a few months, I was so enthused that I bought the Carenado Premier. I soon discovered that its systems left a lot  to be desired (since I concurrently use a GTN 750 on other craft).

I am sending you a PM right now for the GTN 750 mod. Thanks very much in advance for sharing!

Best,

Lucky

////////////////////

When you say Comms not working, what do you mean?

Can you receive ATIS reports?

There is a radio which can tune COM1 and COM2... have you tried using it?

Bert

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

When you say Comms not working, what do you mean?

Can you receive ATIS reports?

There is a radio which can tune COM1 and COM2... have you tried using it?

Yes, no atis and no communications with my pro-atc /x. its very weird. 

Sent an email to Bert for his Premier Integration Mod.  Many thanks to Bert and all helping out with this stuff.  I struggle more than ever with health problems so this help is invaluable and well appreciated folks.  Thank you, especially Bert who I know has been helping people a long time now.

Steve

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reider said:

Sent an email to Bert for his Premier Integration Mod.  Many thanks to Bert and all helping out with this stuff.  I struggle more than ever with health problems so this help is invaluable and well appreciated folks.  Thank you, especially Bert who I know has been helping people a long time now.

Steve

Received and responded.. :smile:

Bert

Many many thanks Bert, quick too.  This should help me no end using the GTN 750 I got today.  thanks again

Steve

Just for anyone eIse who finds this post and/or thinks about getting the GTN 750, JUST DO IT!  Tested with a short hop from Liverpool EGGP to Birmham EGBB.  Then began my reconstruction loosely based on an old WW2 Route to ferry spare parts to the USA from England, in a light plane.  OK so the Premier is a jet but has a short range with a full tank.  I also tested with the Dual Engine Beech B60 V2 using the GTN 750 too.

EGGP Liverpool (home area so my chosen start) to EGPC Wick (Scotland) 325.7 nm

EGPC Wick to BIKF (Keflavik) Iceland 702.2 nm

BIKF to BGBW (NARSARSUAQ) Greenland 652.0 nm

BGBW to CYYR (Goose Bay) Canada 710.8 nm

CYYR to KRME (Griffiss AF) USA 849.5 nm

The GTN 750 was superb and showed all the details I knew little about, being poor on geography.  The route was shown clearly and I had no hesitation at all, even though I had not previously flown there.  BIKF to BGBW Greenland I flew direct as there were no suitable airways shown in the planner or GTN 750.  The approach to Greenland was fantastic with a flight down a valley to land.  Canada was a good approach and the GTN 750 was superb, far better than any unit I'd used before and much more detail and simplicity.  The Premier stuck to the GTN 750 route like glue.  By far the best part was the approach into Griffiss AF as the GTN 750 had full approach plates and details with heights at each marker. 

I now intend flying back again and know I will do this route more than once.  The route is also still used these days to ferry new and repaired light planes to America at a fraction of the normal delivery costs.  Whilst this can cost $13,000 the lower price of the plane when purchased can more than make up for it. Thanks again to Bert, this implementation was 10 times better than I had hoped for

Edited by reider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1