Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

INS Problems

Whenever I start up my PMDG B737-800 NGX from a cold and dark state, I get to the INS set to align, I click it over and get alarms. The light flashes back and forth between ALIGN lights. The left IRS says "on DC" and the right IN DC light is out. The alarm persists.  I try to hit the FMS button on the FMS and it doesn't work.

What gives here?

To aligne the IRS (not INS) during the preflight procedures, you have to switch it to "NAV", then enter the current position into the FMC (POS INIT) and wait.

Phil Tereny

Please sign your posts with your full name, first and last per PMDG rules...

What kind of alarm? as your saying your starting cold and dark, is it a two tones changing sound?`Could be the battery discharging... have you connected ground power or started the APU and turned eather the GPU or the APU GEN on?