Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

DEADSTICK SIMULATIONS

On 6-10-2017 at 9:59 AM, Christopher Low said:

I think that this is the Remex Software product, and it is being revealed at the Cosford 2017 FlightSim Show on Saturday. I will be there, so I will check it out!

We're all waiting, Christopher...! What's holding you up?! :happy:

Well, I didn't manage to get a good look at it.....and it's worth pointing out that I have only just got home from the show!! However, Remex Software had a seminar about this product in the morning, so I expect others to provide the information that you are looking for :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I guess we'll have to wait for the info to appear on their web site.

Flusinews has a small video but it's in German.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

Found a short report from the FlightSim Show about Deadstick Sim:

- Meant to offer a new level of immersion to bush flying

- Worlds are smaller, but vastly more detailed than anything seen in flight sim

- Large amount of customisation, and external customisations will affect the flight model

- Gameplay similar to the level of freedom explored in Train Sim World

- Very early development

That's it so far. Disappointed obviously by the Very early development part. I was hoping they would announce the release on the Show. :happy: I suppose this sim won't be here for a few months or so. Or a year. Or more. So up to then I'll have to do with P3D and its landclass scenery or the Aerofly FS 2 and its empty scenery.

Thanks Jeroen for the brief.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

"Very early development" unfortunately means the first buyers will be doing user acceptance testing.  However, given the limited scope of the sim with emphasis on graphics there may be less risk of bugs, fewer modules to use within the sim.  I believe most contemporary systems will have no problems with this based on my experience with No Limits Coaster sim, which also has blades of grass, very good water detail, and moving trees.  My fps in that sim are around 70 or so, really hard to discern.  The older sims we use, like P3d and Xplane11, are based on an older, less gpu intensive technology.  They concentrate on flight higher from the ground as opposed to low flying, although my flight in my ultralight at 1000-2000 ft. AGL resolves photoscenery just fine.

John

Odd. According to a post on Facebook there actually was a demo on the show yesterday: how come no one reported this? Why no updates from the developers? A video of the demo? Reactions of simmers? There MUST have been quite a few people who have seen this demo but I can't find anything about it. Odd.

Patience, young padawan. I am sure that information will be revealed over the coming days by those who attended the event (it was the first seminar of the day at Cosford 2017).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ok, well, a big disappointment but good to know nevertheless: Deadstick Bush Flight Simulatior is planned to be released in the summer of 2018. So for now I will try to forget about it completely :happy: also because we all know stuff like this usually takes longer to get done than shorter. And now I can start spending money on P3D again LOL

I thought someone posted this already but the game uses the Unity engine.

Concerning the location: it is a fictional location but it is heavily based on real world environments such as Alaska and Idaho.

Stochastic being interchangeable with Random. This means that the weather will not be the same when returning to the same day and time in the sim. Weather for programs like P3D and FSX needs to be non-random so that the same day can be returned to, irrespective of being created from downloaded real reports or fictional procedural algorithms.

Instead, the program mixes simulation with games and is designed to test the spirit and experience of the pilot with increasing difficulty of flights due to bad weather and aging equipment. The player can improve points and obtain upgrades when accomplishing more "risky" flights to deliver payload. Upgrades enable the pilot to embark on more risky flights.

The player walks in first person 3D around the hangar and inspects the aircraft. Failing to inspect it before a flight will likely become a tragedy during the mission.

The player loads the aircraft by placing the payload where it is desired, Failure to secure payloads would result in weight moving around upsetting the balance.

Visuals are generated from a high detailed area that the player will need to become very familiar with rather than look toward flying to other global locations.

The presentation was well handled by the presenter. The flight physics is generated from blade elements of a resolution compatible with the hardware and acts on all the aircraft surfaces in a way that enables the loss of, for example, a wingtip, to change the behaviour of the aircraft.

I liked the idea and might appeal in a Truck Simulator kind of way but with small agricultural aircraft. Not for real weather or big tin.

• Upvote 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com