Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSdreamteam DFW

How about MyTraffic or any other conflicting airport scenery?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

30 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

How about MyTraffic or any other conflicting airport scenery?

Nope. Nada. Just airports and ftx global. At some airports the aircraft shadows appear on the grass but not on hard surfaces.

5 hours ago, lennie said:

I dont know what the culprit is at DFW, but in p3dv4 the runway is 50+ feet below the surface. Completely unusable.

You do have to manually disable KDFW in the Vector AEC tool.  It will not fix the problem if you just run the automatic method.  I found that out the hard way.  Also will need to make sure your mesh resolution is at 10m or you will have issues with the taxiway bridges.

Brandon

7 hours ago, thetford569 said:

You do have to manually disable KDFW in the Vector AEC tool.  It will not fix the problem if you just run the automatic method.  I found that out the hard way.  Also will need to make sure your mesh resolution is at 10m or you will have issues with the taxiway bridges.

Brandon

+1

15 hours ago, thetford569 said:

Brandon

Interesting.  Vector automatically disabled AEC at KDFW for me. The FSDT manual for KDFW advises the 10m mesh resolution but I don't have problems with 5m (which FSDT recommends for KIAH).

Dan Downs KCRP

fsdt works with 5m mesh, some of their airports with 1m mesh have little triagle spikes that send your airplane flying if you taxi too fast over them! The vector tool is so inconsistent with the auto-scan I come across Orbx region airports the vector tool does not disable the vector files for.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

fsdt works with 5m mesh, some of their airports with 1m mesh have little triagle spikes that send your airplane flying if you taxi too fast over them! The vector tool is so inconsistent with the auto-scan I come across Orbx region airports the vector tool does not disable the vector files for.

Yeah those triangles show up at KIAH with 1m mesh. Took awhile to figure out what was happening the first time.

Dan Downs KCRP