Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

ntdll.dll CTD P3D v4

21 minutes ago, tooting said:

do you use FSrealtime too ??

Thank you,

You mean this line :Fixed crash that could occur when reading in invalid autogen data ?

I really wonder if this was causing the approaching Canada crashes.

Negative on FSRealtime. I used to, but stopped when I switched to P3D v4. SimElite's TimeZoneFixer does the job for me now. They actually updated the .bgl's responsible for the Time Zone's. FSRealtime's tool still relies on 10+ year old timezone .bgls which were released freeware (now outdated in many areas). 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You are welcomed.  I am only bringing it to the attention that there are more than just the P3D.cfg and display driver settings in play when you have a crash.  With my powerful system, OC'd to 5.0GHz, I have my settings for things like ASCA to 1024, the default.

Yes, there is indeed more. After having changed the texture setting in P3dv4 I crossed the pond again. Made it safely west and eastbound. Did another one westbound and this time I got hit with CTD (ntdll.dll) various times, mainly over Canada, Very strange, same aircraft ( PMDG  772), same route etc.

But I was able to "catch" one with process monitor ( as Jim explained). Turned out I had a whole series of Buffer overflows, the one that started it all seemed to be: C:\windows\system32\XAudio2_4.dll

That was unexpected.

Found some other advice from Jim how to deal with this and I fiddled around with the sound drivers and settings. Back over the pond again I guess.. At least I have a lead now into my problem and a nice way to record these CTD's in detail.

b rdgs / Dick

=

On 10/8/2017 at 6:18 PM, Jim Young said:

Well, your inappropriate comment just earned you a suspension!

I'm truely sorry for my language, it won't happen again. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

14 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I'm truely sorry for my language, it won't happen again. 

Not a problem and thanks for the apology. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

55 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Not a problem and thanks for the apology. 

Anyway, I downloaded P3D v4.1 and I was planning a flight from EHAM (AMS) to LFPG (CDG) in a PMDG 737-900 all my settings to default as I removed the P3D.cfg, but another CTD came up... 

"Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.0.24212.0, time stamp: 0x578691ea
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000c387
Faulting process id: 0x2284
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3442d669c5436
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4 Professional\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: d2e09ce4-e471-4335-8e8c-90e88eae12b4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:"

I'll try the long haul tomorrow I hope as that "Tooting" person here said that this is true that they fixed that... That we can finally cross the USA without any CTD and my autogen is displayed in this following image... 

https://ibb.co/fco3Ab 

Now, I have read Jim's comment and did what he said in ASCA settings and do the long haul tomorrow again...

I hope for a fast reply, cheers,

MIQUEL

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

On 10/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, MIQUEL_7 said:

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll

That's an old version of this file.  The following link provides the latest release - https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2017-relnotes#15.4

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

now i set my p3d to default and set pta 2.6 with the topat preset.....and crash over canada..

set the tophat preset off....no crash ?!  .....i must test again....4 test without crash(pta preset off)

4 test with pta preset....and crash...

PTA and other addons have been known to do that.  In default configuration and no addons, P3D works great.  Add addons and things go downhill from there on.

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok so I have been working on this NTDLL.DLL error that causes the sim crash. After some research I think I have found a fix. There is a heap corrupt file apparently. I used the fallowing link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system So far I am on my second long hall flight and no issue!!!! One with PMDG 777 and now the PMDG 747

On 10/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, Jim Young said:

That's an old version of this file.  The following link provides the latest release - https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2017-relnotes#15.4

I'll check that, will report back if any issues appear. 

Thank you. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

14 hours ago, neweye2fly said:

Ok so I have been working on this NTDLL.DLL error that causes the sim crash. After some research I think I have found a fix. There is a heap corrupt file apparently. I used the fallowing link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system So far I am on my second long hall flight and no issue!!!! One with PMDG 777 and now the PMDG 747

I will follow your suggestion, after my flight now, I'll try it out. 

Thank you. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

On 17/10/2017 at 4:32 AM, neweye2fly said:

If only..................you'd be lauded all over the place for fixing this infernal gremlin that sticks like a limpet mine.

Kept getting this repeatedly, switching from the default airbase with the default F-22 to the FSL A320 at a commercial airport. Ran all the above. Corrupt files found, repaired, re-started computer. Guess what? It's still causing CTDs.

Ah, well......................the search for Nirvana goes on!

Have you ever tried to log a CTD with "process monitor" ?  That should give you a lead into your problem.

1 hour ago, dick said:

Have you ever tried to log a CTD with "process monitor" ?  That should give you a lead into your problem.

No, I have heard of it. I need to get it and learn how to use it to analyse logs.

Yes, I also think you need to get it. It gives you clear breakdown of everything that goes on in your computer. You can further specify that the program only logs P3D activity. That reduces the log size. As mentioned earlier I had a CTD while process monitor was logging and it showed that my CTD started with a buffer overflow in my soundcard. Never in the world I would have expected that.