Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

CRJ

Just back from deployment.  What's the verdict on the AS CRJ at the bro level?  I've been waiting for sometime and pleased to learn it has been released.  Split comments on AS forum.

Thanks.

RP

• Upvote 1

Hello,

First, thank you for your service. 

I installed it two days ago and can say its a great product. I have over 200 hours in the AS Airbus family aircraft was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the CRJ. FMC takes some getting used to but the sounds and graphics are great. If your looking for a regional jet then I highly recommend it.

I plan on doing a full flight tonight and exploring the aircraft a bit more.

When released: unusable. run away. avoid.

After all the patches so far: totally usable but displays still blurry as all hell. Its a pain to see anything in there. sounds are still meh 

Id get it if you really want it. but only if you like the plane.

Opinions are split, although as ever, those who don't like it have been the most vocal about it, as is usually the case and so that can lead to a misleading impression that it is massively problematic when it really isn't. It has the odd issue, but nothing is a showstopper by any stretch of the imagination. Personally I think it is very good, and I would recommend it, especially if you want something which requires a bit more hands on control than most modern airliners.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree with Chock. I think some of the pent-up crabbiness is related to the CRJ taking 7 years to hatch. After that long an incubation period, some people expected a perfect product. Without an open beta, the CRJ was never going to be even close to perfect. IMO the CRJ is definitely worth buying.