Sign in to follow this  
Jackaroo05

737 MAX with modern panel and Scimitar winglets

Hello, I've been wondering if there are any plans for PMDG to make the 737 MAX. I know it's hard, but id think it would actually help some of us out (like getting pilot's licence, that kind of stuff) if it is possible. Thanks!

• Upvote 3

Using a study level Max wouldn't help you on your private license, or your instrument, or your commercial, or airline transport license. It would only help on your type certification to get familiar with the cockpit, flows, and overall flight dymanics. It wouldn't help in any other aspect, though. It would definitely be nice to have a Max from them, that'd be sweet!

If you want to help learn how to get a pilots licence then get the A2A Cessna 172, not a 737. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, GHarrall said:

If you want to help learn how to get a pilots licence then get the A2A Cessna 172, not a 737. 

He may be doing his training on a Max :laugh:

Closed circuits in a 737?  Sounds like fun.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I know the topic of split scimitar winglets has been discussed at length, and as far as I recall, it’s on the very back burner at best. Primarily because it is not just a visual effect but it changes the flight dynamics, which would require a lot of work to integrate. Personally I would be ok with paying a fair price to just have the visual effect, but I understand PMDG’s reasoning. I think you will find that the next gen flight deck, or MAX if I remember would be in a desperate update. 

Im sure this will draw fire so I will pull on my flak jacket now, but I would not mind an entirely new product for the MAX series. I would buy it in a heart beat. I have yet to find a PMDG product that is not worth the price. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I'm fairly certain, that when (I'm sure it's coming at some point in time...) PMDG develops a 737MAX series, it will be entirely new product-line.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I really hope that PMDG adds the Scimitars. I am now seeing them on pretty much every 737.

• Upvote 2

My opinion is that the scimitar winglets should be left for any future 737 MAX product. PMDG have enough to be getting on with without wasting time adding scimitar winglets to an existing product that works wonderfully well as it is.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

Overall this is my opinion thay look kinda ugly on the 737 i do how ever like the wing tip

I agree. Regular winglets look better.