Sign in to follow this  
Kawfee Bassie

Repeating Squak assignment on every frequency change

20 minutes ago, Kawfee Bassie said:

I will grab screenshots the next time it happens. Thanks.

If you are using FSX/FSX-SE or P3D, when you switch your transponder to TA it doesn't change it to active in P2A. You have to go to the P2A User Interface and manually switch it. At the top on the right side is the word MODE. It you click on that until it says ACTIVE then ATC will recognize you and say "radar contact". I've found in X-Plane that P2A sees the change when you switch the transponder in the sim.

NAX669.png

I am using X-Plane 11. It does seem that with the RWDesigns Hawker 4000 if I hit the Altitude reporting in-sim, it does not register in the Pilot2ATC panel. I have to then switch it off, and back on for it to register.

That being said, I am flying right now and still having the problem, even though the XPDR and Mode are both shown correctly in Pilot2ATC.

It also seems to have borked ATC for yet another flight. After taking off from an untowered field it just keeps telling me to SQUAK 4562. I never got any further instructions to climb, or resume navigation, so another failed flight.

Any how do you attach images in this stupid forum? I have screenshots showing I have the squak code active, and yet when I contact approach it just keeps asking me to squak.

Getting a bit tired that it is always suggested I am doing something wrong when this software just never works. I have all my ratings from PilotEdge for VFR and IFR. I know how to make my ATC calls (I am using your grammer help page as well), and I know what to expect from ATC.

While I'm not sure what is going on with the Squawk code, I did find a bug that was preventing multiple controllers with the same frequency at the departure airport from working correctly.  The program was dealing with you as Approach control when you needed to be dealing with Departure or App-Dep. 

This should be fixed in the next update.