Sign in to follow this  
gatechfan_99

Prepar3D v4.1 to be released next week...

7 hours ago, bills511 said:

Isn't there an issue that some add-ons would have to be updated to work with 4.1? If so then I would wait for 4.1 rather than have to reinstall any add-ons.

Hello Bill

Yes when a new update comes along this will effect some of your Add On's,  With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update. 

The content update will overwrite default files that have been previously modified by 3rd party software Texture Add On's and so on,   A content update will also update and overwrite the Auotogen files this will Only be relevant to you if You have manually modified these files yourself, if not no further action is required. 

The scenery update will overwrite all Prepar3D scenery files only.  If you have any Add On scenery that modifies default Prepar3D scenery files you will need to reinstall again,  For example Orbx Global Base.

In saying that the v4.1 Beta is flying along with loads going on in the background so you wont have to wait long to have your Add On's up and running when v4.1 is released 

• Upvote 4

Thank you Elaine for the good info.

13 minutes ago, Poppet said:

With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update.

...and with that in mind, FSUIPC v5.121b already posted on Pete Dowson's downloads page is P3D V4.1 compatible.

Regards

• Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok folks...took the plunge this evening..(Fri) and paid for the Academic License and it took over two hours to download and set up.  WOW.

First impressions is that it rocks. But I have a lot of tweaking to do.  I have a fairly robust system running Win 10-64 and had great FPS with FSX, but had the annoying OOM errors.  

I'm going to play with it awhile and decide if I want to spend the extra $$ for the two PMDGs and AS2016.

John Bradley

AAL132

1 hour ago, gatechfan_99 said:

But I have a lot of tweaking to do. .

No. Not really.  I haven’t touched my P3D.cfg once since installing it.  This is not FSX.

Glad you’re enjoying it though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

No. Not really.  I haven’t touched my P3D.cfg once since installing it.  This is not FSX.

Indeed! Would actually recommend, not touching/tweaking the P3D files. It works right out-of-box... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello Bill

Yes when a new update comes along this will effect some of your Add On's,  With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update. 

The content update will overwrite default files that have been previously modified by 3rd party software Texture Add On's and so on,   A content update will also update and overwrite the Auotogen files this will Only be relevant to you if You have manually modified these files yourself, if not no further action is required. 

The scenery update will overwrite all Prepar3D scenery files only.  If you have any Add On scenery that modifies default Prepar3D scenery files you will need to reinstall again,  For example Orbx Global Base.

In saying that the v4.1 Beta is flying along with loads going on in the background so you wont have to wait long to have your Add On's up and running when v4.1 is released 

Hi Elaine,

One question do we need to update the client and also the content for the upcoming release? Or just the client would be enough?

What is the recommendation from LM developers?

Thanks for your time to give us extra information.

Regards 

Simbol 

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

+1

Prepar3d4 runs best if NOT tweaked!

After getting some experience, you may try one entry TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 which is officially acknowledged by LM for high-end systems (>= 10 GB VRAM) only (basically) displaying sharper textures. But even this one makes very little difference and raises loading times considerably so its advantage is questionable.

All such like Himem etc. are obsolete or even detrimental. I even found the AffinityMask entry of no use on my system, HT on/or off (I have it on now).

Kind regards, Michael 

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

64 bit p3d...no tweaking required nor desired.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I'll be looking forward to seeing how much they have fixed the London lag or the Southbank Stutter that's as I call it.  I doubt it. 

14ppkc-6.png

Am just looking forward to 4.1 with FSL A320 PMDG NG and TDFi 717. Don't get to fly the 777 or 747 much at all. 

Roll on next week.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

29 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am just looking forward to 4.1 with FSL A320 PMDG NG and TDFi 717. Don't get to fly the 777 or 747 much at all. 

Roll on next week.

Indeed! I really hope the FSLabs is around the corner... 

Cheers!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Elaine,

One question do we need to update the client and also the content for the upcoming release? Or just the client would be enough?

What is the recommendation from LM developers?

Thanks for your time to give us extra information.

Regards 

Simbol 

Simbol, officially a client update should be sufficient. BUT: in the past (v3 and v4 HF1) I had weird side effects with addons (ATC/GSX windows, flipped effects), which only could be solved by also updating the content.

I now update both the client and content.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

43 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Indeed! I really hope the FSLabs is around the corner... 

Cheers!

I think it will be, As you have seen TrueGlass is coming with 4.1, FSL is at Cosford, seems everyone is gearing up for 4.1 FSUIP is even out for it. Tomorrow when LM release the "list" could meen we get to see what's coming from everyone.

I might even take some time of work end of next week to enjoy finally having v4.

Looking forward to this week coming.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Indeed, David! Very much. 
Any idea of when tomorrow? :happy:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--