Sign in to follow this  
gatechfan_99

Prepar3D v4.1 to be released next week...

No :mellow:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, pmb said:

+1

Prepar3d4 runs best if NOT tweaked!

After getting some experience, you may try one entry TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 which is officially acknowledged by LM for high-end systems (>= 10 GB VRAM) only (basically) displaying sharper textures. But even this one makes very little difference and raises loading times considerably so its advantage is questionable.

All such like Himem etc. are obsolete or even detrimental. I even found the AffinityMask entry of no use on my system, HT on/or off (I have it on now).

Kind regards, Michael 

Sorry guys, but not for me.
Without AM=255

and FTF=0.01

i get no stable fps (locked at 30) and stutters.

Carsten U

9 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Sorry guys, but not for me.
Without AM=255

and FTF=0.01

i get no stable fps (locked at 30) and stutters.

Hi RTK1972,

Hope you don't mind me asking.

What equipment, drivers and operating equipment do you have? Ram and speed, CPU and speed, GPU and operating system?

Do you have HT on or off?

Kind regards,

1 minute ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hi RTK1972,

Hope you don't mind me asking.

What equipment, drivers and operating equipment do you have? Ram and speed, CPU and speed, GPU and operating system?

Do you have HT on or off?

Kind regards,

Hi Stephen,

i habe a i7 6700k OC to 4.6 Ghz. Ram is 8 GByte at 2666 Mhz.

1080 GTX graphic card and P3d on a SSD. Windows 10. And HT is on and Dispolay is a Samsung 4k Monitor

Carsten U

5 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Hi Stephen,

i habe a i7 6700k OC to 4.6 Ghz. Ram is 8 GByte at 2666 Mhz.

1080 GTX graphic card and P3d on a SSD. Windows 10. And HT is on and Dispolay is a Samsung 4k Monitor

Hi, Odd that you must run those settings.

This is not the first time I have heard others absolutely assert the need for the same settings most strenuously.

Not likely that there is nothing to it.

Our community might be missing the obvious, that those settings are beneficial, and maybe even compelling with the right kind of corresponding hardware or even in general application. 

Thank you for answering.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hi, Odd that you must run those settings.

This is not the first time I have heard others absolutely assert the need for the same settings most strenuously.

Not likely that there is nothing to it.

Our community might be missing the obvious, that those settings are beneficial, and maybe even compelling with the right kind of corresponding hardware or even in general application. 

Thank you for answering.

Kind regards,

I got the same settings as RTK and also run 4k and get the best results too.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I think it will be, As you have seen TrueGlass is coming with 4.1, FSL is at Cosford, seems everyone is gearing up for 4.1 FSUIP is even out for it. Tomorrow when LM release the "list" could meen we get to see what's coming from everyone.

I might even take some time of work end of next week to enjoy finally having v4.

Looking forward to this week coming.

do you know if activesky are patched up ready for it ?? 

14ppkc-6.png

13 hours ago, simbol said:

One question do we need to update the client and also the content for the upcoming release? Or just the client would be enough?

Hello Simbol

As you know at this stage Its a big update for Virtual Reality,  as well as that its still a big update,   All 3 component Installers have been updated with the upcoming v4.1,  Obviously you will need the Client to update that's mandatory but there is enough in Content and Scenery as well.  

The SDK kit has had a nice update as well. 

----------

Leaving v4.1 aside,  Personally speaking when a new update comes along I always update the Content as well as the Client,  I will then look at the Scenery update and decide If i need \ want it   

14 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello Simbol

As you know at this stage Its a big update for Virtual Reality,  as well as that its still a big update,   All 3 component Installers have been updated with the upcoming v4.1,  Obviously you will need the Client to update that's mandatory but there is enough in Content and Scenery as well.  

Hi Elaine,

Many thanks for clarifying, do you know the official date / time for the change log to be available?

Best Regards,
Simbol

41 minutes ago, Poppet said:

All 3 component Installers have been updated with the upcoming v4.1,  Obviously you will need the Client to update that's mandatory but there is enough in Content and Scenery as well.  

The SDK kit has had a nice update as well. 

Well, there you have it all, a full reinstall is in the cards. 

Eric 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:37 PM, Chock said:

I don't particularly like the Windows 10 interface

Nor I, but I fixed that with StarDock's excellent "Start10" which makes it look much more like Win7. Check

https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Well it’s Sunday. Although I kind of doubt it, the prediction from earlier posts say change log will be out today. With tomorrow being Columbus Day, we probably will not see change log until release?

43 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Nor I, but I fixed that with StarDock's excellent "Start10" which makes it look much more like Win7. Check

https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

Pete

Thanks for the link, I most certainly will. :biggrin:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Changelog yet?

did I miss it?

spacer.png