Sign in to follow this  
gatechfan_99

Prepar3D v4.1 to be released next week...

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I also used to suffer from the 'I need everything installed otherwise I can't fly' syndrome.  I do the same as you now - just installing the basics at first and add airports as and when I choose to fly to them.

Same here Erich :). I suffer from the same, and also from the ' I want the latest version as soon as its released ' syndrome. I'm sure a psychologist can explain that :P

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

6 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Same here Erich :). I suffer from the same, but also from the "I want the latest version installed as soon as its released" syndrome. I'm sure a psychologist could explain that :P

I'm trained in psych and I completely get you.:)  Flightsim related OCD is definitely a thing. lol

So the release I hope is today.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'm trained in psych and I completely get you.:)  Flightsim related OCD is definitely a thing. lol

So the release I hope is today.  

I can hold off just about as long as I can hold my breath...

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I cannot imagine that a full, clean reinstall will be mandatory.  Given that they have specifically switched to a modular system of installation, it would therefore make sense that you still have the option to only install the Client if that's what you want - you might just lose the benefits of some of the other fixes they may have made.

The installation isn't modular enough. All addons, including addons that replace default files such as Orbx FTX Global, should be in completely separate custom data folders. The client, more specifically the executable or a separate launcher, should priortise the custom data folder over default data whenever there's a duplicate.

6 minutes ago, Avantime said:

The installation isn't modular enough. All addons, including addons that replace default files such as Orbx FTX Global, should be in completely separate custom data folders. The client, more specifically the executable or a separate launcher, should priortise the custom data folder over default data whenever there's a duplicate.

So, is it still on LM's or Orbx to do list? 

Dirk

PS: I guess LM's

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Flightsim related OCD is definitely a thing

OCD as in: ORBX Compulsive Disorder?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

10 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

OCD as in: ORBX Compulsive Disorder?

I'd say that's a sub-type in its own right for some.

Are you all stressed out? imagine us that we are Add-on's developers! we need to install the patch to test our tools and in the meantime we might have users complaining that something is not working after they apply their patch! :blink::blink:

So relax, go and fly, enjoy your easy lives! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Basically nothing. However, you would need to add it newly to the scenery.cfg after updating. Should not be a big thing. To be absolutely sure, I would first move the Ecosystem-Folder to another drive (backup) and then back.

@ErichB: in contrary to you, I am pretty sure that it will need a full install to really benefit from all the updates. If they for example also improved their add-on.xml logic, updating only the client might lead to some unwanted side effects later...

Thanks.. I think I wait for everyone else to install the patches.  I'll do mine when  fsl releases

14ppkc-6.png

Looking forward to better multi core support, that should yield performance benefits across the board.

spacer.png

I love full installs. I actually never used the seperate client updaters etc. Full install all the way here, including Windows 10. Looking forward to i!

3 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Looking forward to better multi core support, that should yield performance benefits across the board.

Would you mind sharing the link about the improved multicore support in 4.1. Thanks

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, J van E said:

I love full installs. I actually never used the seperate client updaters etc. Full install all the way here, including Windows 10. Looking forward to i!

:angry: 

So you must be flying with a vanille P3D only ....

:biggrin:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0