Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

available P3Dv4 freeware aircraft

Hello all,

I am looking for some freeware aircraft for this sim. I have searched long and hard (google is NOT my friend in this instance). I have found a couple of P3Dv4 compatability topics but none of those, to my knowledge, point out freeware as such.

I am not normally a tightwad and only use payware (aircraft) in FS2004. However, in P3Dv4 I am finding my Saitek Yoke, Rudder and Trim wheel are all incredibly sensitive using the default aircraft. I have adjusted sensitivity to zero and null to maximum and the slightest pull back on the yoke has the aircraft momentarily in a vertical climb ... same with the ailerons ... there does not seem to be a smooth transition in those axis (es?) The rudder is not quite as bad but any reaction from input could still be described as violent. 

FS2004 works very smoothly with all my aircraft.  

So I seek a large fairly complex Boeing or Airbus to test both performance in P3Dv4 and my controls. 

If this all gets sorted, I intend buying the Ifly 737 to start with, then FSLabs A320, the Eaglesoft Citation extreme, and upcoming Challenger, Carenado Phenom300 with Navigraph and the GTN750 mod. A few dollars to spend here and I will then look at utilities LOL

Whilst on this subject, does anyone know of a good Embraer 135/145/175/195. 

Cheers and looking forward to your responses

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

AVSIM Library?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Egbert,

Have you been there and searched P3Dv4 specific aircraft and found anything except FSX and p3D non specific aircraft.?

I have.

Thanks anyway mate

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony

From what I have seen the Thomas Ruth Airbus products and Project Airbus seem to work okay. I haven't noticed any glaring issues, although to be honest I haven't used them extensively, just a couple of test flights out of curiosity. PA's A380 performed well if you are looking for a large aircraft to test out. If you do go down that road, you may encounter some issues with VC textures in the panel folder, depending on which version you download. This is not a P3Dv4 issue, and can be fixed by swapping some files from the A340 VC.

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

Ian,

Thanks mate,

I was looking at Project Airbus  and have just downloaded it. I will try it out tomorrow.

However I have aslso just tried a reboot and the Baron seems to be behaving fairly well albeit with no sensitivity and full null. It is now vastly more controllable.

I have not seen thew Thomas Ruth product and will also look at them tomorrow.

Thanks again for you input.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hi,

If you want to try an ultralight, try my trike in the forums.  Just search for Trike or John Cillis or both.  Although it wasn't designed for P3d, it works in P3dv4 since I used faithful XML coding for my custom gauges.  Fly it around 2000 ft AGL and pitch for 45 mph (UL gauges use mph, not knots), use throttle to hold altitude.

I know it is not a systems aircraft, but as a trike pilot I honed the flight dynamics to exactly what you would expect in a trike.  If you really want a challenge, reverse your pitch and roll axis (trikes do not use a rudder, they are weight shift).  Trike use reverse inputs in control settings, you push forward to increase pitch, push back to decrease it.  You push to the left to turn right and to the right to turn left.  Counter intuitive but with practice you can do it and teach yourself how to fly a trike in the process.  When landing you push out to flare then on touchdown, immediately pull in to dump lift.  You land at about 22-25 mph depending on your weight.

I encourage pilots to practice with it since the speed envelope is small and it is a good aircraft to hone your hand flying.  Since it is not a turbine engine management of course means a more reactive throttle, since piston aircraft don't have spool up/down challenges of a turbine.

Good luck on finding a jet, btw!

John

Also for a good Carenado turbine, I highly recommend their Citation 525.  I have the Premier, which is 60 knots faster, but the Citation is a good hand flyer and can be flown without the autopilot if you wish.  I got it sort of by accident when I found out their Citation 550 did not work with P3dv4.

• Upvote 1

It seems to me that if your controls work okay in FS2004 and not in P3D V4, then trying any additional aircraft in P3D V4, either freeware or payware, is unlikely to make much difference, since we know that the behaviour you are experiencing is not how P3D behaves for other people.

This indicates that it is your controllers not talking to P3D properly for some reason, so it is likely to be either a driver issue or a calibration issue, i.e. older drivers might be happy to connect with an older sim, but less happy with a newer one, or a calibration issue related to that, so you could also try using FSUIPC to control the sensitivity of the things, or seeing if there are newer drivers for the controls which work better.

With regard to the iFly 737 NG for P3D V4, it is definitely worth having. As you know it is a lot of bang for your bucks in terms of how many variants of NG you get (i.e pretty much all of them apart from the Navy Poseidon version of the NG), especially if you had it for FSX because then you can get it discounted to 25 quid if you download the discount coupon from Flight 1.

Whilst the PMDG NG does look a bit nicer inside and out than the iFly NG and has a collimated HGS, whereas the iFly's HGS is not collimated so it's a bit less cool in the iFly one if you use Track IR, the iFly one has many merits. It runs great because of the slightly less snazzy modeling, i.e. the windows are a texture on the iFly whereas the PMDG NG actually has the windows as part of the 3D model. Ironically, when iFly chose to do that so it would use less resources, it was hardly acknowledged as a decision for a sound reason, instead it was derided, similarly when PMDG chose to alter the VC geometry a bit so the HGS had better functionality on a PC screen, their decision was slagged off as well when that too was for a pretty good reason. So when it comes to 737s, it seems there's no pleasing some people lol, but either way, I think the iFly NG doesn't get quite as much credit as it deserves and you won't be disappointed with it although you might be less than thrilled  with the sounds on it, they are definitely worth tarting up, which fortunately is easy to do.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello,

Just a question : I have tried many freeware ex-FSX aircrafts in P3D V4 most of them when selected show "no preview available" and if I try to continue v4 crashes ;;;

Any Idea what means "no preview available"?

All these aircrafts had an Thumbnail.jpg in the texture folder..

Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

It means they're not P3d or FSX native. Probably FS9 portovers that are "FSX compatible". They won't work in P3dv4.

• Upvote 1

Dave Garwood.

5 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

It means they're not P3d or FSX native. Probably FS9 portovers that are "FSX compatible". They won't work in P3dv4.

Not exactly.  My trike, designed with FSDS 2, gets the no preview message.  But I can still continue to fly it. If you don't believe it, download it yourself to try it out.  One issue with it seems to be, once it is selected, you can't switch to other aircraft unless you restart the sim, but that may be if it is the first selected aircraft.  I usually start with a default aircraft since there is still a bug carried over from FSX where some add on aircraft don't initialize properly if they are the default.

John

Interesting. I'll download that and have a look. I've not come across a FSX native model that doesn't have a preview yet, but obviously I've not tried them all! 

Dave Garwood.

Hello all

Thanks for your responses.

Cactus521.  I am not and have not been for quite a while, interested in either GA or the Ultralights. Strange really, because as a younger fella I thought long and seriously about learning tlo fly and buying a Jabiru ultralight.  Sadly, I was posted (RAAF) to Perth and subsequently lost track of that path.  A few hindsight regrets obviously.

Chock. I have had the FS2004 version of the Ifly 737 and loved it (still do) I learnt to fly on the samall GA stuff but unfortunately I am a self taught pilot and had a terrible, terrible instructor.  However, I can (and do regularly) crash a variety of aircraft but have moved on to the destruction of some serious flying (however briefly) objects.  My first flights started with Flight sim in about 1982 and evolved through all the MSFS stuff until I bought FS2004 and got a little serious.  I purchased my first Payware aircraft (the Phenom 100) from Been FeltUpThere .... sorry .... Feelthere and followed it up with the entire Embraer range from them. Loved their aircraft ... hate (with a Passion) their concept of customer support. I also bought the Eaglesoft Citation II Extreme and then my beloved Ifly. I have learnt a lot about flying with this aircraft and I have a copy of RAASv2 (freeware for FS2004) and lately have been managing landings at less than 350FPM which I think is fairly good. Then came my baby which has been featured on AVSIM forum (for those who have not seen the post, look for My baby is born part 1 and 2.) A BBJ3 repaint by Bartek "Holo" of Kazhol Designs.and shortly to be posted as a free download onn both the Ifly repaint site and in the AVSIM Library.

I have also decided to bypass the freeware avenue and have just purchased my P3Dv4 version of the Ifly. I have not yet flown the lady and if anybody reading this post can recommend a repainter to duplicate "MY (FS2004) Baby" I would greatly appreciate it.

So thanks again to you all and, 

"like we do up here in the front, look ahead and crash visually" LOL

Regards to you all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:43 AM, Emile said:

Hello,

Just a question : I have tried many freeware ex-FSX aircrafts in P3D V4 most of them when selected show "no preview available" and if I try to continue v4 crashes ;;;

Any Idea what means "no preview available"?

All these aircrafts had an Thumbnail.jpg in the texture folder..

Thanks in advance.

Any aircraft that is native FSX and uses CAB gauges will work in P3Dv4

I use the Project Airbus A319 and works great.

They also have the A318, A320, and A321 available here AVSIM

Hi, I've been using the Francois Dore version of the Project Airbus A320 and it seems to work well with no problems in P3Dv4