Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Time Machine released

Hello @ll,

new in the DOWNLOADS section on the Lorby-SI website is the "Lorby Time Machine".

This small app will automatically speed up the simulation rate between the waypoints of your flight plan, and slow down at each waypoint so the autopilot can make the turn and catch up with the route.

Best regards

• Upvote 3

LORBY-SI

Yes.. great. That is certainly useful. !

Thank you !!

b rdgs / Dick

=

Thank you. BTW, love your Camera Position X program.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

This is a must have add-on for my P3D flight`s.
And for that I have to give you my thanks.

And now with top of descent pause option to use with planes that don`t come with that.
So thanks again.

Nuno Braga

3 minutes ago, wiltzei said:

Hello, would it be possible to add a "time freeze" feature into this app? Thanks for the various handy apps.

Hi,

"time freeze" - what exactly would that do? I mean, how would it work?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

22 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

"time freeze" - what exactly would that do? I mean, how would it work?

Best regards 

It would freeze the current (local) active time in sim. 

A further feature could be an adjustable "rate of change" modifier for the time, but is that even possible?

16 minutes ago, wiltzei said:

It would freeze the current (local) active time in sim. 

A further feature could be an adjustable "rate of change" modifier for the time, but is that even possible? 

Not sure that I understand that correctly.

• So "Freezing" would mean that it is 12:00 forever, no matter for how long you fly and where?
    Technically this is possible, but it will play havok with all gauges and other addons that rely on time passing to function. I have a very bad feeling about that.
  • "rate of change": you mean the time is passing faster or slower while the sim retains the same simulation rate?
    I believe that this is not possible. I just remembered that I have experimented with this already. IIRC, when I accelerated the time, the sim started reloading the scenario at some point. So you only get a constant succession of loading screens.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Not sure that I understand that correctly.

• So "Freezing" would mean that it remaing 12:00 forever, no matter for how long you fly and where?
  • "rate of change": you mean the time is passing faster or slower while the sim retains the same simulation rate?

Technically this is possible, but it will play havok with all gauges and other addons that rely on time passing to function. I have a very bad feeling about that. 

Best regards 

You're correct on both scenarios.

For the latter,  I have limited knowledge on whether the gauges run on computer's or sim's time. Nevertheless, an option would be nice, if there's a chance it might work. I can do testing if required (p3d4).

1 minute ago, wiltzei said:

You're correct on both scenarios.

For the latter,  I have limited knowledge on whether the gauges run on computer's or sim's time. Nevertheless, an option would be nice, if there's a chance it might work. I can do testing if required (p3d4).

Sorry, I was too fast with editing my initial answer.

The freeze might be possible, but I would rather make a separate app for that, not integrate it into the time machine. And I wouldn't publicly distribute the app, this sounds too dangerous.

Changing the rate at which time passes does not work, I have already tried that in the past. Speeding up time makes the sim reload everything. I can try again in P3D v4.3, but I have no hopes that this has changed.

If I have a bit of time on my hands during next week, I will make a prototype.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi,

I made a prototype for the freezing. I will send you a forum PM shortly with the download link.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Is it possible for this application to be made to automatically increment the acceleration as the flight progresses. For example - 0 acceleration for the first hour, 2x between 1 hour and 2 hours and 4x after 2 hours?

1 hour ago, chumley said:

Is it possible for this application to be made to automatically increment the acceleration as the flight progresses. For example - 0 acceleration for the first hour, 2x between 1 hour and 2 hours and 4x after 2 hours?

Hello Andy,

Not sure that I undestand, what is the use case, what would you use it for?

A few questions:

How exactly would this feature work, what kind of controls are required?
How is time measured, would that be real time or sim time?
Should the intervals be configurable or is hard coded good enough?
Does the cycle start again if you interrupt the acceleration manually or will it continue at the max acceleration that was last used?
Maybe it would be better to pin it to distance travelled instead of flight time?
What happens at the end of the flight? (it is next to impossible for this simple app to estimate remaining flight time correctly)

Best regards

LORBY-SI