Sign in to follow this  
bjwoody61

Weather from sim

I have FSX-SE and have never been able to get weather from the SIM. I get WX from NOAA just fine but not from fsx. I know that this comes thru fsuipc and it shows weather settings as off. Since I have the unpaid version of fsuipc. would this stop the weather coming from the sim?

Thanks

James

James,

I don't believe that would make a difference.  Just be sure you have the latest FSUIPC update installed.

Of course, the version of FSX being used has to be supplying the weather also.  So if it's showing the weather settings as off, I would look at the options in FSX and see what settings are there. 

Or, if you can set your version of FSX to use real weather, then you can use NOAA and it should be a close match anyway.

Dave

FSX gets it's real world weather from jeppsen. jeppsen and noaa for some reason hardly ever agree as far as I can tell. I have been using real world weather in fsx pretty much all the time and a lot of the time p2atc has winds from the opposing direction as the sim. Set it on SIM weather and p2a never gets any weather at all. "Weather for KSEA not available" comes up and stays and never updates for departure and destination airports. Guess I'll stick with noaa and deal with the wind shifts. Sounds like fun.

James