Sign in to follow this  
rjchalklin1

P3D crashes at 100% loading and cant change aircraft

One weird error i have came across a few days ago. I took a break from P3Dv3.4 for 1 month it was working perfectly, expect i could not start in the UK. I come back after a month and then i cant start at Elgin AFB the default airport even with the default aircraft, it crashes when it reaches 100% on "Loading Air Traffic Control" i've done nothing to the simulator at all this just happened it self. I've tried other airports that don't seem to contain much scenery, still i get the same error. So far i haven't found a solution to it. Not only that but i can't even change aircraft (PMDG aircraft 777 and 747), i press select then the screen goes black then i comes up with a error message. I have tried uninstalling p3dv3 and trying again but still no hope, there are no errors on my P3DV4. But i prefer V3 as i have many addons rather then V4. Here is my error report.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x2290eef0
Faulting process ID: 0x1b64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d33ed688c71208
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 891dd634-7b00-41f9-818b-965bdc6749d6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

i have had this error message alot. People have said its the Windows kb4038788 update but i dont have that installed. I have also found people getting the g2d.dll but i don't

Any help will be appreciated.

I have found that PD3 V4 seems to be very sensitive to Scenery errors. Just this week, I had a similar issue. Sim would load to 100% then crash. Now, in my case I had just added a bunch of ORBX airports with the new Central 3.2, so I had a suspicion.  I changed the name of the Scenery cfg, and PD3 came right up. Of course with none of the add-on scenery. I then changed the name of the old Scenery cfg back and the sim reloaded the scenery and worked like a charm. Go figure?

I have found that one of three things will fix my crashing errors. Go in and repair the client, rebuild the PD3 cfg, and rebuild the Scenery cfg. So far, this has worked for me.

Maybe one of them will help you?

• Upvote 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

5 minutes ago, jmig said:

I have found that PD3 V4 seems to be very sensitive to Scenery errors. Just this week, I had a similar issue. Sim would load to 100% then crash. Now, in my case I had just added a bunch of ORBX airports with the new Central 3.2, so I had a suspicion.  I changed the name of the Scenery cfg, and PD3 came right up. Of course with none of the add-on scenery. I then changed the name of the old Scenery cfg back and the sim reloaded the scenery and worked like a charm. Go figure?

I have found that one of three things will fix my crashing errors. Go in and repair the client, rebuild the PD3 cfg, and rebuild the Scenery cfg. So far, this has worked for me.

Good point i never delete my scenery.cfg file as there are many addons that are in there i dont like adding them back in

30 minutes ago, jmig said:

Thanks, this has resolved my problem i can now start at any airport now with any aircraft.

34 minutes ago, rjchalklin1 said:

Thanks, this has resolved my problem i can now start at any airport now with any aircraft.

You can thank him by giving him a reputation point ;-)

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo