Sign in to follow this  
SimPilot221

ntdll.dll error

Received a ntdll.dll error about 5 hours into a flight:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d9a8a
Faulting process id: 0x1a4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d33e8dda1b76b8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 5c3094c2-934d-4984-ac44-b9bc0075f499
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Not much information to go off of, yes, but I'm hoping someone'll be able to help.

Thanks.

Full names on all posts here please.

It's hard to provide any help not knowing anything about your configuration, how often the event happens and anything that has changed recently.

Dan Downs KCRP

Recently had the same issue.  As with you, it would take place 3 to 5 hours into the flight for both the NGX and 777 in P3DV4 only.  I had my CPU overclocked from 3.5 GHZ to 3.8 GHZ for the past couple of years without any issues.  However, unlike FSX, P3DV4 apparently didn't like it.  I returned my CPU to the default 3.5 GHZ and the problem was solved.  I've since flown a couple long hauls in the 777 (9+ hours) without issue, and several NGX flights as well.  

The nice thing is that P3DV4 still gets the good FPS even without the CPU overclock.  So no performance loss that I can see.  FSX was a different story. 

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

18 hours ago, 559AS said:

Recently had the same issue.  As with you, it would take place 3 to 5 hours into the flight for both the NGX and 777 in P3DV4 only.  I had my CPU overclocked from 3.5 GHZ to 3.8 GHZ for the past couple of years without any issues.  However, unlike FSX, P3DV4 apparently didn't like it.  I returned my CPU to the default 3.5 GHZ and the problem was solved.  I've since flown a couple long hauls in the 777 (9+ hours) without issue, and several NGX flights as well.  

The nice thing is that P3DV4 still gets the good FPS even without the CPU overclock.  So no performance loss that I can see.  FSX was a different story. 

Hi Ryan, out of curiosity did you run stress testing at the 3.8 OC? If so, which one do you use?

Dan Downs KCRP

19 minutes ago, downscc said:

Hi Ryan, out of curiosity did you run stress testing at the 3.8 OC? If so, which one do you use?

I used the software provided by ASUS.  Came with the motherboard drivers and allows and "auto" overclock feature from within windows instead of via BIOS.  So it will start pushing up the timing and voltage until it detects any instabilities, then save the last most stable setting to BIOS and restart..  At least that's my understanding on how it works. I used the most conservative of the auto overclock features.  I ran it through a benchmark test at some point, not sure which one.  I used this setting for a year or two without any issues until P3D generated the ntdll.dll error.   

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

4 hours ago, 559AS said:

I used the software provided by ASUS.  Came with the motherboard drivers and allows and "auto" overclock feature from within windows instead of via BIOS.  So it will start pushing up the timing and voltage until it detects any instabilities, then save the last most stable setting to BIOS and restart..  At least that's my understanding on how it works. I used the most conservative of the auto overclock features.  I ran it through a benchmark test at some point, not sure which one.  I used this setting for a year or two without any issues until P3D generated the ntdll.dll error.   

I had an ASUS board and found that those auto OC features were basic word not allowed.  I have learned to push the CPU and voltage manually and I use the Intel XTU utility (free) to run stress tests.  My 6700K runs a very stable OC limited basically by temperature.

Dan Downs KCRP