Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Removing Followers

Just to let everyone know, I have removed the listing of followers for the Main Topics, like Hangar Chat, P3D Forum, FSX Forum, etc., and not to specific threads in those forums.  It appears our upgrade earlier this year might have somehow corrupted this notification.  For instance, in the FSX Forum, I found 189 followers but, when I clicked on the followers, it showed only 30 names and at the bottom, only 16 others (which does not add up to 189).  Of course, many of them might have indicated they did not want others to know they were following but many of those following were old registrations and the math did not add up so decided to start fresh.  We had a possible glitch with our notification system and want to make sure this was not the issue.  It also slows down our system when e-mails are sent to e-mail addresses that no longer exist.  This is just in the AVSIM Forums and not in the Commercial Forums (may be visited in the future).  So, members might want to go to each main forum and indicate whether you want to follow every topic and thread in that particular forum.  I personally would recommend you just follow individual topics inside a Forum.

Apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10