Sign in to follow this  
AOB

FS-Global 2018

That FSW compatibe software was one of the first add ons I bought and I am wondering ....... the AFM (Airport Flattening Mesh) does not seem to work that well. Did these awful plateau or crater airports actually exist before FS-Global or did I shoot myself in the foot by buying this software?

Hi Tutmeister and thanks.

Valley Vista 6CA5

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta KATL

Yes, they existed before in some places.  Madeira, Portugal is one awful default airport in FSW.

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

AOB

I'm at the flight simulator show at RAF Cosford today but I'll be happy to test when I get back.

Chris

Then, please bring feedback about that "Deadstick sim"....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Mesh changing, is always with some airports a lot of work to adapt airports and around altitudes (I use ade). How precies are the new meshes, how more difficult to have all airports well. To simplify... I suggest to verify the arrival airport and if problems to use trough the flight a lower level of mesh. So normaly, I keep the mesh recommended by orbx and when I want in montains have mesh pleasure, only in this case, I declared the new FSmesh with higher level of lot. (Take a lot of disk space)... With older sceneries perhaps work with the sim level, very flat but no time consuming to correct it, (if you landing or take off, one time only, is not a good idea to spend time for correct de flattening.)

I looked at LPMA, 6CA5 and KATL in FSW defaults and didn't really see any issues.  Of course with LPMA, that airport does sit on a plateau on the edge of the sea, but it has a man made taxiway/area built on the side of a cliff more or less and the default scenery may be a little exaggerated on that side giving it a steep plateau instead of the man made area.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Hi AOB

Sorry for the delay, at 6CA5 I do have a plateau until I apply the afm configurator for that airfield. At KATL it seemed fine although I slewed around and when scenery took a while to load back in it looked off until it loaded properly. I did notice a road crossing a runway there though.

Chris

Thanks guys. AFM seemed to work better the day after I used it if that makes sense. As though the changes needed a while to register. Hope you enjoyed the show Tutmeister.