Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc

Greetings, 

I've been working for months now on attempting to resolve never ending Hung App errors on FSX in Win 7/64 and P3DV4 in Win 10/64 on separate drives. Can someone tell me what this means? 

svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc

Thanks. 

svchost is a system process that controls various system programs. In this case, your audio drivers.

if you google  svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc you'll get lots of additonal info.

if you are saying that THAT has been identified as a cause, try reinstalling your audio driver. If you're just curious - google is your friend.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks. I'm a loyal Google follower for most everything. In this case, most everything are offers to download  all sorts of programs to fix the problem. 

Hi LPD1949,

Just adding a little more info to what (Vic) has written above, so you can track down your svhost.exe:AudioClientRPC error.

I don't know exactly how to help you in the absence of system & audio specs and setup  

I haven't seen this issue myself, I have onboard sound on an ASUS Z87 Expert Motherboard / RealtekHD audio /
Codec ALC1150 / DX11 DirectSound / Driver v6.0.1.7023. Setup in a Quad + 2x subwoofer surround system.
I occasionally see higher than normal resource usage with audiodlg.exe but no errors, I know why the associated service resource spikes (its a by-product of Enhanced DTS settings) so I live with it until it settles to normal resource use, I can always switch off DTS.

If you break down your error message like this: svhost.exe  / AudioClient  / RPC

svhost.exe  this is a normal MS windows client process service which serves the application hosted program or service. (AudioClient)

AudioClient  this is the client computer or networked audio service, as per your driver/hardware/service setup.

RPC this is the acronym for RemoteProceedureCall which indicates that RPC service may be experiencing problems with endpoint mapping or has run out of Mapping points or even that the service has stopped or a dependant program is misconfigured.

If you open this link https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.07.howitworks.aspx  found with Bing or Google search you may find the answer to your issue, or at least a starting point to understanding what is causing the error and what you might do to fix the problem. I would stay away from those insistent programs that regularly popup in google searches & TechCenter help sites like (SevenForums), claiming to be a one-fix-all. The only one I might suggest is Driver update which may reveal that your existing drivers (system-wide) are well out of date, and in need of the latest versions which include such fixes likely to rectify your Audio issue.

There are a few more sites you can find using Bing or Google search term ( AudioClientRPC ) which may add additional info to your search for a solution.

All the best Jethro.

And i strongly second Jethro's comment about ignoring the "pop up fixes"!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors