Sign in to follow this  
Dave Chapman

Reality XP GNS V2 No Add-on Menu

Hi, not having any luck with the product. Please help.

NEW Computer  with Win 10 -  Prepar3d Ver 3.4, FSX

All work perfectly without Reality XP.

With Reality XP Ver 2.3.3.0 installed, I get NO 'add-ons' dropdown menu.

There is no evidence in Panel.cfg that a backup of the original panel.cfg file has been made.

There is no RXPGNS2.dll shown in gauges.

Reality XP is located in drive C:\RealityXP

When I run the rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe, it recognises the location of P3D in Program files (X86)/Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 and shows that the destination location  as C:\Program Files (X86)Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FLTSim. I have checked and all the above files are located as declared.

The Garmin GNS Trainer is located in C:\Program Files (x86)Garmin\GNS Trainer

There are no error messages.

I have re-installed and updated Win 10, P3D and RXP.

Can I physically install the .dll files etc? Everything seems to be in the correct place but it just does not work.

What should I do next

Hi, I know it is already on page #2 of the forum, and it might have been difficult to find. So I've moved your question in a its own topic for clarity, and here is the link to the resources about the "missing" add-ons menu:

This shall get you started until we modify our installer with the next update.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks, it is working.

I also purchased another copy for Prepar3d Vers 2.5 which I am running on a different computer under windows 7.

It indicates that it is installed and even shows the addon pulldown >setup.when I run P3D Ver 2.5

Setup gives me a scree with choices and "click to continue" but there is no box to click.

If I click where the "continue" box should be, I do get a reaction in the form of a new box with configuration choices. When I click the down arrow, nothing happens.

I have updated with 2.3.3.

Please help.

Hi, it might be easier to follow through with the support of screen shots. Can you post these?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for your response.

I have taken screen shots, saved them to a WORD document and tried to paste them into this reply but  I can't get them to paste.

Is there an email address I could use for this one occasion?

Thanks,

Dave.

The easiest would be posting the screenshots to a "photo" hosting site, as this might help others in the same situation.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/441765-posting-images-in-avsim-forums-how-to/

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest software and was able to fully install to my win 7 P3D Vers2.5 computer.

Now I want to interface my Emuteq GNS530 with P3D. It has worked faultlessly on \the previous RXP with FSX.

Starting with Keyboard taps before going into FSUIPC for the hookup.

Problem is that at this stage, the only key combination that works is ctrl+v which is allocated to "message". Now, going through FSUIPC, I can press Emiteq "MSG" button and that works perfectly. Occasionally, I can get ctrl+j to work for "ent" but that is intermiittent and usually after hitting the windows key even though 'win' is not part of this keystroke input.

Incidentally, I have exactly the same problem with my new Win 10 P3D V 3.4 computer.

No 'win+...' key combinations work with either computer using separate keyboards.

Is there anyone who has successfully interfaced the new Reality XP into Emuteq?

RealityXP.GNS.ini is located in Documents\RealityXP\GNS Simulation\FltSim on both computers and clearly there is some communication 

Hi, AFAIK there is a problem with emuteq and win10 because the WIN key is no longer usable and there seems no way to change this default. However, there is a ongoing 'emuteq' discussion in this forum with information to help using it. Especially the GNS V2 now offers a new feature, 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' which intercepts native FS GPS keys/knobs events and allows interfacing with any input capable to send these events to the simulator.

Hi Dave, I'm glad it is now working good!

Is there any particular tip worth sharing with others to make it work, or was it as simple as "Use GPS Simulator Commands"?