Sign in to follow this  
Lucas Gozzard

Hobart ILS Error

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the Hobart ILS 12 profile being inaccurate on FSX? I'm using the freeware addon for Hobart found on Fly Away Simulations. 

When on ILS 12 the aircraft always seems to be too high but the glideslope is showing on the correct profile.  

Hope someone can help. 

Thanks.

Lucas. 

Yes I do believe there was a problem with that scenery with the ILS being out of whack.

At the moment, in the real world, the ILS is U/S as the runway is being lengthened.

Do you know how to use Airport Design Editor to get rid of that ILS and make a new one?

Once all of the changes are made at Hobart, I am going to make my own updates that scenery to have the correct runway length etc, and will fix up the ILS in the process.  I'll let you know once that is done, but I can't share it publicly unless I get in touch with the authors.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the RNAV approaches, or a visual approach to RW30 if weather permits during the day, as the real operators are doing.

Cheers,

Rudy

You could check it. According to the chart it has a standard 3 degrees glide slope. If you tune to the HB VOR 112.70 on approach at Distance 8.6nm you should be at 2750 ft     at D 6.6 2120 ft    at D 4.0  1290 ft

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.