Sign in to follow this  

What is the best photoreal WITH full autogen scenery?

See title. I am getting fed up again already with landclass scenery but can't stand empty and flat photoreal so... Just wondering.

A way is sceneries of france vfr.

Is a leader in photosceneries with autogen made via a inhouse programmation 3da. For vfr on France, you clearly recognise most reperes near reality. (Flying a lot in France, real and sim)

Are they the best ?... I don't know, take a look on their site.

Con of all photosceneries-developers is (as orbx do it with landclasses) they substitued textures and autogens of the sim by inhouse-elements. Is a choice to do. Personnaly I have a disk with photosceneries and p3dv3 and a other with orbx installed in p3dv4 so none conflicts between the two universes.

I can't answer your question directly Jeroen, but you may have to think about which country you choose to fly in (over). I suspect some countries on this planet have better sceneries available than others, regardless of simulator. It depends upon the developers.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 minute ago, HighBypass said:

I can't answer your question directly Jeroen, but you may have to think about which country you choose to fly in (over). I suspect some countries on this planet have better sceneries available than others, regardless of simulator. It depends upon the developers.

Good point but since afaik there isn't much photoreal with (good) autogen on it I am prepared to fly anywhere as long as the scenery is good.

I will check out that France VFR, thanks, ms2.

An  excellent choice would be Austria Pro HD by Flugwerk Design/Aerosoft. It's hard to beat, however it's just that, Austria. Plus - as most photo sceneries - it's Summer only. No snow-covered Austria ever. 

France VFR is excellent indeed but a no-go for me as long as it's incompatible with ORBX out of the box.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

An  excellent choice would be Austria Pro HD by Flugwerk Design/Aerosoft. 

I agree Michael, it is a must have with Lowi of orbx is one of mine prefered airports.

That would be VFR France's Isle de France, which is not exactly cheap nor indeed economical on your system either, but it is nevertheless an incredibly good add-on which covers about 5,000 square miles around Paris and tarts up over 20 airports including Orly, LeBourget, Charles deGaulle and Beauvais, as well as adding autogen for the entirety of Paris and its surrounding area which is sat on photorealistic terrain.

If you like flying jets or GA stuff into Paris, then it is one of the best bits of scenery you can have, but you will need a decent computer to make it run, and even though you can theoretically load it into FSX as well as P3D V4, it will make it ping the VAS warning in FSX like crazy until your computer finally gives up.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

"See title. I am getting fed up again already with landclass scenery but can't stand empty and flat photoreal so... Just wondering."

Ah...  steady my young apprentice.  Your patience will be rewarded,

In the meantime, there is some good Photoreal out there and some not-so-good if you look around.  Subjective.  Have you checked out the Photoreal forum here here in AVSIM?  May come up with some good ideas there.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, Clutch Cargo said:

"See title. I am getting fed up again already with landclass scenery but can't stand empty and flat photoreal so... Just wondering."

Ah...  steady my young apprentice.  Your patience will be rewarded,

In the meantime, there is some good Photoreal out there and some not-so-good if you look around.  Subjective.  Have you checked out the Photoreal forum here here in AVSIM?  May come up with some good ideas there.

New stuff coming out? 

I know the OP probably posted this here as the P3D Forum is very popular here at AVSIM but we had members begging us for a photoreal forum where everything about photoreal could be in one location.  So, if I go to the Photo Scenery Forum, everything I need will be there and all of my questions will be answered.  If we post a question here, others in the FSX forum or the Photo Scenery Forum may not see it and the topic may have valuable information.  So, this is why I have moved this from the P3d Forum to the Photo Scenery Forum (with a link to it from the P3D Forum for a couple of days).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I agree with you. I am also tired of the repetetive landclass scenery. Have purchased endless titles from Orbx over the years but no more landclass scenery for me either. If you want some good photoreal with autogen I can recommend ultimatevfr. Also like somebody wrote above Hawaii Photoreal is great. Javier does a wonderful work with the islands and for a small fee you get season variation (even though its Hawaii) :) He also is working on French Polynesia soon to be released.

i fly mostly Reunion and Mauritius from fsdg these days, perfect for VFR flight that I know you too enjoy. Two complete packages including all airport highly detailed, photoreal terrain and autogen. Highly recommended.

Check out NUVECTA LAdscapes

These are augogens for an area. IF you need to add this to the photoscenery for that area.

Say you get tthe So cal Photo scenery X4 from MEgascenery. You can add the autogen from NUVECTA for California.

https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=nuvecta

Here is a sample.. MEgacenery Houston City + NUVECTA Texas autogens

36272546300_c183496632_o.png

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter