Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

TrueGlass from TFDi - Finally a decent rain-on-windshield effect in P3D

I cannot see other devs. using the TFDI code for rain ice etc. on wind screens. They'll just develop there own. It is P3D V4 SDK dependent right?

Rain on windows has been around forever in other sims and computer. An in  fact I think it was possible in FSX. Don't see the implementation of this being a big deal.

But it does look great :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

I cannot see other devs. using the TFDI code for rain ice etc. on wind screens. They'll just develop there own. It is P3D V4 SDK dependent right?

Rain on windows has been around forever in other sims and computer. An in  fact I think it was possible in FSX. Don't see the implementation of this being a big deal.

But it does look great :biggrin:

Not using the V4 SDK, custom tech as mentioned earlier in this thread and on our announcement post on our blog. It only runs in V4 since V4 is the only sim capable of handling it since we first began working on this a year and a half back.

When will this be available for the 717? I want to purchase if it is soon. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 minutes ago, warbirds said:

When will this be available for the 717? I want to purchase if it is soon. 

this will be a free update!

Info here!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thanks, I realize that but want to know when it will be ready for the 717 so I can purchase the 717,,if it is soon. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Honestly this is IMO a must have for any airplane from this point forward and the older ones should be retrofitted. This is just too small of a feature to not have and it's too big of a immersion killer to over look. 

Like this comment if you agree. Let's show support to TFDI for taking on what everyone said was impossible. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

25 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Honestly this is IMO a must have for any airplane from this point forward and the older ones should be retrofitted. This is just too small of a feature to not have and it's too big of a immersion killer to over look. 

Like this comment if you agree. Let's show support to TFDI for taking on what everyone said was impossible. 

Is not up to you or anyone else, it is up to Aircraft developers as this is a business decision for them.

They could invest on this to try to please you and when you see the bill to have such feature enabled you could just star complaining how expensive it is, etc.( as we have seen in the past ) and not agree to acquire the product.

So it is not as easy as it sounds.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Of course it isn't. But you have had situations like this happen in the past. I.E Activesky and their API for the weather development tool. TFDI themselves have used technology developed by Milviz for the cockpit lighting.

i am not pretending to say I decide anything however in the end the consumers speak and the consumers will go to and ask for wishlist. 

How long till I.E a quality 737 comes out in XPlane that takes the market share from P3D or FSX with the really honestly superb visuals that sim is developing? If the developers want to maintain market share they must adapt and improve. 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Is not up to you or anyone else, it is up to Aircraft developers as this is a business decision for them.

They could invest on this to try to please you and when you see the bill to have such feature enabled you could just star complaining how expensive it is, etc.( as we have seen in the past ) and not agree to acquire the product.

So it is not as easy as it sounds.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Looking very much forward to this as I've had this plane for a year and it's ideally suited for 64 bit P3Dv4.x. When I was using it in 32 bit P3D I would invariably get VAS and OOM issues when flying from payware to payware airport. Now - serenity.:biggrin:

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

TFDI did not change their mind about only Cosford attendees getting a sale price? Too bad maybe they can put the 717 on sale around the holidays and I'll buy then

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

TFDI did not change their mind about only Cosford attendees getting a sale price? Too bad maybe they can put the 717 on sale around the holidays and I'll buy then

That was a show discount. It was a gift for those that made the effort to attend the show and support us by visiting our booth.

We feel that the 717 is still in its prime time and is priced accordingly with what we feel it is worth. Other companies sell products for over double the cost of ours.

• Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

1 hour ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

That was a show discount. It was a gift for those that made the effort to attend the show and support us by visiting our booth.

We feel that the 717 is still in its prime time and is priced accordingly with what we feel it is worth. Other companies sell products for over double the cost of ours.

Please carry on the good work TFDi (and other devs) :)  

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Not even everyone at Cosford gets the discount 777200lrf :p

I was there, but my daughter (4 1/2) was getting banged into left right and centre (mainly by older senior gentlemen :p).  She didn't like it in the exhibition hall so we ended up spending most of our time in the museum which was less busy :p   Result..I didn't get a chance to visit half the stands I wanted to :(

It's a first world problem really isn't it? So I didn't get to save a few ££ on an add-on aircraft...I can live with that.

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I don't mind paying full price as it is a beautiful aircraft. My dilemma is between the 717 and the new 787. If I knew the rain thing was coming to the 717 soon I would go for that instead, but I have had no word on when it will be included. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I don't mind paying full price as it is a beautiful aircraft. My dilemma is between the 717 and the new 787. If I knew the rain thing was coming to the 717 soon I would go for that instead, but I have had no word on when it will be included. 

Hi Paul. 

Looks like they will put it out in their "beta" download? Usually fairly quick to add features and fix bugs!

Paul, did you know that PMDG had this rain effect in their FSX J41? It also modelled windscreen snow and ice that built up gradually, if you did not put on the window heaters. It also modelled ice build up on the leading edge boots, which also got effectively removed by activation of a complete set of anti ice systems. Why they only modelled it in the Jetstream is anyone's guess. The J41 was the forerunner and being Mr R's former office, presumably got all the attention. 

So the effect is not new, however the J41 never made it to P3d, which was a pity. Some ones sales marketing expertise getting in the way?

Anyway, let's see what the other devs do with the SDK?

Best regards

2 hours ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Other companies sell products for over double the cost of ours

Absolutely! And a free update with the feature is a wonderful surprise for those who already purchased. I actually don't think it wouldn't out of line going forward to bump your price a bit to help defray the cost of the VC glass effects.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)