Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

TFDi B717-200 and MCE, Please?

Hello MCE.... This airliner has become my absolute favorite for quick routes. Their development crew is absolutely outstanding, much on the same level as MCE. But its missing one critical component, an MCE first officer.  Is there any chance for official MCE support for this bird? 

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

36 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello MCE.... This airliner has become my absolute favorite for quick routes. Their development crew is absolutely outstanding, much on the same level as MCE. But its missing one critical component, an MCE first officer.  Is there any chance for official MCE support for this bird? 

We can interface pretty much any aircraft, with or without SDK. Therefore, won't beg for any assistance from aircraft developer.

TFDi 717 of course considered, as is the recently released Quality Wings 787.

My understanding, the TFDi 717 already has a built-in "shared cockpit" feature.

I know, just like with Vatsim, there is no guarantee you'll find someone out there who is willing to share his time playing the FO part (real FOs get paid for it :smile:), unless he's on real life type rating.

Will contact TFDi in due course and let you know later.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

We can interface pretty much any aircraft, with or without SDK. Therefore, won't beg for any assistance from aircraft developer.

TFDi 717 of course considered, as is the recently released Quality Wings 787.

My understanding, the TFDi 717 already has a built-in "shared cockpit" feature.

I know, just like with Vatsim, there is no guarantee you'll find someone out there who is willing to share his time playing the FO part (real FOs get paid for it :smile:), unless he's on real life type rating.

Will contact TFDi in due course and let you know later.

Correct it has a shared cockpit. Glad that you have it under consideration.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

8 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Hi there. I too like the look of this aircraft. However, it's very much in "beta". I have been following it's progress on their forum. 

I see that you must join the beta test program in order to download the P3dv4 version. Once 4.1 comes out, there may be even more "beta" modifications to do on the sim. So I am thinking it's best to wait a little longer before buying it?

One things for sure, the dev is very quick to react to faults and features. Someone mentioned that the VOR track feature is missing and a couple if weeks later it was fixed! 

A similar aircraft is the CRJ. It's a stonking good simulation, with some clever features. Independent (right and left side) FMC/CDU/MFD's with all the bells and whistles of the aircraft. It also takes skill to fly it well. No auto throttle with this bird, all done with speed hold and n 1 management.:cool:

Best regards

David

13 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hi there. I too like the look of this aircraft. However, it's very much in "beta". I have been following it's progress on their forum. 

I see that you must join the beta test program in order to download the P3dv4 version. Once 4.1 comes out, there may be even more "beta" modifications to do on the sim. So I am thinking it's best to wait a little longer before buying it?

One things for sure, the dev is very quick to react to faults and features. Someone mentioned that the VOR track feature is missing and a couple if weeks later it was fixed! 

A similar aircraft is the CRJ. It's a stonking good simulation, with some clever features. Independent (right and left side) FMC/CDU/MFD's with all the bells and whistles of the aircraft. It also takes skill to fly it well. No auto throttle with this bird, all done with speed hold and n 1 management.:cool:

Best regards

David

Hey there. I agree I actually purchased both titles. The CRJ is tricky to manage but a very good simulation. 

In my opinion the 717 is more of a release candidate than a true beta. I picked it up because of the similarities of the FMC and auto flight system to that of the MD11. But what I really like is how the dev team operates as you yourself noticed they are super responsive and highly respectful of their customers. That's important to me. That said have you seen the "TrueGlass" feature they're adding. It's pretty amazing.

Jose A.

5 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Hey there. I agree I actually purchased both titles. The CRJ is tricky to manage but a very good simulation. 

In my opinion the 717 is more of a release candidate than a true beta. I picked it up because of the similarities of the FMC and auto flight system to that of the MD11. But what I really like is how the dev team operates as you yourself noticed they are super responsive and highly respectful of their customers. That's important to me. That said have you seen the "TrueGlass" feature they're adding. It's pretty amazing.

Hi Jose,  yes agree! 

It's on my wish list, due to the aircraft you mentioned, the MD-11. The "other" company erred when they dropped it after FSX! Probably thought more people would re buy ($) their NGX and 747!:angry:

Certainly the 717 team are seemingly adding features that only can be rendered in P3dv4, the night illumination as well as that trueglass. I like that approach. What's the use of a 64 bit sim if all we see are FSX port overs? 64 bit can render high definition 4096 cockpits, that look like flight decks and not cartoons!:happy:

The CRJ has a great many features under it's skin. Certainly you require pilot skills to fly it properly and absolutely require a first officer....go MCE!:biggrin:

Happy simming.