Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

Could not verify correct version of PMDG 737NGX, server may not run correctly

Hi folks,

I know that this question was asked & answered in the FAQ, but what I am experiencing is different.  

I had SimServer set up to work in both installations of PMDG 737NGX and B777 in FSX and P3Dv4.  Since I no longer use NGX and B777 in FSX, I decided to delete these installations and fly these simulators exclusively in P3Dv4.  Since I removed these products from P3Dv4, I am receiving the above message along with the following message:

"It seems your B737 NGX PMDG Options File is not set up correctly for data broadcasting, which is required for the server to work correctly."

It goes on to request addition of the required option file changes.

I get the same messages for B777 as well. 

it's looking in my FSX folder for installation, which of course are not there anymore. 

SimServer appears to work correctly in P3D.  It is just annoying to have to go through 3 dialogue boxes to start SimServer since I removed the PMDG FSX installs.  

I deleted all the files in SimServer folder on my desktop from where I start the program, and then re-unzipped them thinking that a new install might fix the problem.  It did not. 

Any suggestions on what needs to be changed to remove references to my FSX install for SimServer so it does not look for programs that are no longer there?

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Hi Rich,

in your FSX directory, the uninstaller most probably didn't remove the PMDG 737 NGX / 777X folders. If you rename (or delete) these, the warning message should disappear.

Best Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Thanks Mark,

Likely the case.  I forgot about that.  

Away from my desktop computer for a day or two.  Will check on Wednesday and report back.  Thanks for your help as always!

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS