Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

QW 787 in P3D v3.4

Apart from suggestions to upgrade to P3D v4 (I can't because I don't have enough money to buy all of the 64 bit sceneries) does anyone think the QW 787 for P3D v4 will work in P3D v3.4 because aerosoft said for scenery it matters however for aircraft they are the same, I'm not sure as that was about THEIR A330 X. Thanks and if so does anyone have any idea how long afterwards the 787 for P3D will be released? 

Nobody knows how long it will take before QW release their 787 for P3Dv4. When it's released, it will not work in P3D3.4. I don't know where you read that aircraft will mostly work in both v3.4 and v4, but it's actually the aircraft that mostly don't work in both versions of P3D. Aircraft contain executable code in the form of gauges and other .dll's. 32-bit dll's don't work in a 64-bit environment and vice versa.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

42 minutes ago, Billkhaled said:

because aerosoft said for scenery it matters however for aircraft they are the same

I'm on staff at Aerosoft, and I'm pretty darned sure nobody from Aerosoft said that as its' well known to be the opposite (even though some textures also make a difference).  Maybe some user in the forums said it?

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Billkhaled said:

Apart from suggestions to upgrade to P3D v4 (I can't because I don't have enough money to buy all of the 64 bit sceneries) does anyone think the QW 787 for P3D v4 will work in P3D v3.4 because aerosoft said for scenery it matters however for aircraft they are the same, I'm not sure as that was about THEIR A330 X. Thanks and if so does anyone have any idea how long afterwards the 787 for P3D will be released? 

Believe me, it's worth having the 64bit simulation, even if you slowly have to build up your sceneries again.

The fact is that most developers are offering great discounts if you already have their scenery for the old, decrepit and outdated 32bit VAS challenged simulation.

You won't get aircraft that are native and specifically designed for 64bit P3Dv4, to work with the old 32bit sim, or, I would think QW would say it would work.

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billkhaled said:

lol, How did we end-up with Aerosoft said so and so, when discussing a none-released QW 787 for V-4?  Got to wonder.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, joemiller said:

lol, How did we end-up with Aerosoft said so and so, when discussing a none-released QW 787 for V-4?  Got to wonder.

Actually, the answer is right there. He wasn't talking about an Aerosoft product, he was asking about the QW 787 working in P3DV3, and referencing information related to that (and where he believes he heard it).

Seems pretty clear to me!  ;)

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, the answer is right there. He wasn't talking about an Aerosoft product, he was asking about the QW 787 working in P3DV3, and referencing information related to that (and where he believes he heard it).

Seems pretty clear to me!  ;)

Thanks for your help, it was actually by Mathijis but he did say it's a bit complicated, so I probably misunderstood, so do you guys mean that I won't be able to use the P3D V4 787 in V3.4? 

1 minute ago, Billkhaled said:

..., so do you guys mean that I won't be able to use the P3D V4 787 in V3.4? 

Exactly: you will not be able to use the P3Dv4 787 in v3.4.

Maarten

Thanks but one thing I don't understand is how one download will get you the PMDG 737 for P3D v3 or 4 as didn't you say they need different .dlls 

The download may contain both versions, but they are actually 2 different planes. When you install the aircraft you have to select the P3D version you plan to use. As far as I know, QW does not plan for a 32-bit P3D version and, as I said before, the 64-bit version will not work in P3D v3.4. The 32-bit FSX version could theoretically be made to work in P3Dv3.4, but I don't think it's on their plans.

Maarten

there is more of a chance that the fsx version will work in p3dv3.4 than the v4 version since at least the .dlls will be in 32 bit.  That's not to say that it is going to. (I'm not going to own it til its in v4)  But you have more of a chance of the fsx version working.  I'm sure somebody has tried it by now, any reports?

Okay, don't have any P3D versions other than V1 (not even downloaded, let alone installed) and V4, so just for fun I stuck it in V4. The external model loads fine and most of the animations appear to work, gear, flaps etc, the sounds work, but the VC despite loading up visually, is pretty much dead in terms of functionality including the yoke not moving (as you'd expect), you can turn switches on and off on the overhead and the annunciations change, but nothing is lit up and no internal or external lights illuminate. So you can actually fly it around, but you'll have no instruments at all. Here it is right after take off from EGPP in P3D V4, it doesn't appear to fly that well in P3D however, not that I'm really concerned with this because I only stuck it in there for a laugh, so something is definitely different, it was stalling at 180 knots when I tried to land it, whereas it flies perfectly well in FSX. Anyway, just a bit of fun for those who were curious.

7zV2JmW.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here