Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

RESOLVED StackHash/Exception Code 0374/P3DV4

Getting almost constant StackHash/Exception Code 0374 (Heap Corruption) errors.  Was trying to load PMDG747 at Taxi2Gate St Louis.  CTD everytime while trying to program FMC.  Deleted P3D.cfg and restarted and let the sim rebuild.  Changed texture resolution from 1024 to 4096 and AA from 2xMSAA to 2xSSAA.  No other changes.  Flew from KSTL to KIAD successfully.  FSUIPC log showed the following:

Minimum frame rate was 22.9 fps, Maximum was 218.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 4137 secs = 61.6 fps

Bottom line - in my case the settings were too high.

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No.  The CTD goes with the default settings and 1024 was one of the default settings.  I was just indicating what settings I modified and I still did not get the StackHash/0374 error.  As you can see in my signature, I have a very powerful system and got the StackHash error.  Pity the ones whose systems are lessor to mine.

Since the OP, I also enabled MyTrafficX traffic at 25% and moved the weather settings to max.  I moved my AS for P3DV4 weather settings to max as Active Sky told me it would be better at max.  Personally I liked the default settings as I had fantastic clouds but I will get this nag everytime I start up P3D/AS16.  If I get a StackHash because of enabling traffic and setting clouds to max, I will post here.

Still, the bottom line:  Lower settings allow you to enjoy flight simulation more as if eliminates crashes.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Since the OP, I also enabled MyTrafficX traffic at 25% and moved the weather settings to max.  I moved my AS for P3DV4 weather settings to max as Active Sky told me it would be better at max.  Personally I liked the default settings as I had fantastic clouds but I will get this nag everytime I start up P3D/AS16.  If I get a StackHash because of enabling traffic and setting clouds to max, I will post here.

Got a StackHash/0374 error again but while shutting down but still do not like to see a CTD.  So lowered MyTrafficX traffic to 15% and AS for P3DV4 settings back to default.  So far, it is not crashing.

The ASUS Suite shouldn't be affecting the performance of P3DV4.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hopefully you can find a solution!

Submit News to AVSIM

That's an ntdll.dll error people are suffering.  This topic is about a StackHash.  You need to check out the AVSIM CTD Guide and download the AppCrashView or follow the instructions on looking for errors in your Event Viewer (we have images on how to do this).  Post in the ntdll.dll topic (if it's an ntdll.dll).

Submit News to AVSIM

I can confirm and reproduce a StackHash 0374 error with MyTrafficX6 and MyTrafficmil.bgl enabled in P3Dv4.1.  If MyTrafficmil.bgl (located in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder), a StackHash crash will occur when near a military base.

This crash will also crash Couatl.exe (it is not at fault as P3D crashed first) with the faulting module bing ucrtbase.dll/0409.

Submit News to AVSIM

There are a thousand reasons for a StackHash error.  I just posted my error and solution.

Submit News to AVSIM