Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Heliborne

Any opinions?

• Upvote 1

Very violent - almost as much as the 'Tom & Jerry' episodes.

Needs an age restriction (like Tom & Jerry does) of say, 50 years of age ? :laugh:

Looks boring to me...does it have Cold & Dark setup ?

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 1

world of tanks/ships/war but just in helos

something fun and quick

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

As long as the helis fly more like the ones in Battlefield 4 and not the ones in Ghost Recon Wildlands then it'll be fun.

Wonder if you can go blitzing around Chad in Pumas at "truck top" height? 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Space invaders with pretty graphics, the fact that it has every helicopter under the sun in it means it is unlikely to be much of a simulation of their subtleties or even their weaponry, not that this doesn't mean it couldn't be fun, however it is unlikely to have any really long term appeal, nor is that its intent I suspect.

A lot of what makes such games fun when you are playing them online against other people, is not the game, but the bunch of people you are playing it with, as that can sometimes be hilarious, thrilling and scary or whatever. That's the real attraction of such things, it could just as easily be virtual motor boats with people throwing virtual buckets of water at one another.

I think they missed an opportunity with the name though; I'd have called it Angry Whirlybirds.

If you want a really good fairly realistic chopper sim with very good graphics, Take On Helicopters would be the one, and if you want a really good combat chopper sim with Apaches and Blackhawks and stuff, the old Microprose Gunship still takes a lot of beating, and that's only 4.99 on Steam these days if you cannot find your old installation disk for it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you are into combat simulations I guess you might enjoy this, but I suspect there won't be much of a challenge present in terms of flying the helicopters or any real attempt to replicate their systems. I don't tend to do much helicopter flying, but I think I'll stick with the few decent quality helicopter addons  that I currently have installed on FSX.

Bill

To me it looks like fun, but i will wait for a Steam sale.

Alan,thanks for the hint regarding Gunship! Does it work with a xbox360 controller?

56 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

To me it looks like fun, but i will wait for a Steam sale.

Alan,thanks for the hint regarding Gunship! Does it work with a xbox360 controller?

No idea whether it would, but if your PC can read it, i should think so.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here