Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane11 over Arizona

My first video from Xplane.  Although framerates are good, Youtube posted the video at low res, sorry about that.

John

This is why I cant get back to FSX. The west is absolutely beautiful. Low Rez is still very sharp. Great video.

:P Timothy Murphy

Nice video but could not hear any sound.  Suspect YouTube removed the sound too!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Nice video but could not hear any sound.  Suspect YouTube removed the sound too!

Youtube does not fully recognize the Xplane video format, so it stripped the sound.  A warning appeared as I uploaded.

And I see that youtube did add the full res video if you select it, you'll notice that my fps are very smooth and fluid, a few panning stutters is all.

Specs: Intel '77 3.6 GHZ, 8 GB System Ram, Geforce 1060 GTX, 3GB VRAM, and Windows 10.

Kudos to Austin for getting this to work with only 3GB Vram, earlier versions of Xplane would run out of memory.

John

Thanks for the info John.  Interesting to know!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

16 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Youtube does not fully recognize the Xplane video format, so it stripped the sound.  A warning appeared as I uploaded.

And I see that youtube did add the full res video if you select it, you'll notice that my fps are very smooth and fluid, a few panning stutters is all.

Specs: Intel '77 3.6 GHZ, 8 GB System Ram, Geforce 1060 GTX, 3GB VRAM, and Windows 10.

Kudos to Austin for getting this to work with only 3GB Vram, earlier versions of Xplane would run out of memory.

John

Nice video. You can record with sound using the free GeForce experience recorder if you have an Nvidia graphics card

On 10/9/2017 at 9:58 AM, steve310002 said:

Nice video. You can record with sound using the free GeForce experience recorder if you have an Nvidia graphics card

I was going to build scenery for the entire western US but it takes a bit too much hard drive space, so I am settling on all of Arizona and parts of California.  It takes about 3 GB per tile, more than MSE but at a sharper resolution.  Some go as high as 17 but it takes way too much space.  Still a beautiful end result.  I still only get partial autogen using overlays, don't quite no why, it is hit and miss.  I don't mind as long as I get bridges and buildings.

John

I just completed building my Arizona scenery which covers from Vegas in the North, the Salton Sea on the West, New Mexico on the East, and Mexico on the South.  Gives me hours of wonderful X-Plane scenery to fly over and greatly expands my Maricopa County coverage.  I wish I could get it to the library some how but it exceeds 60 GB and can't be easily split.  But again I've written easy to follow instructions in the X-Plane forum if you want to give Ortho4xp a try.

Edited by Cactus521

13 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I was going to build scenery for the entire western US but it takes a bit too much hard drive space, so I am settling on all of Arizona and parts of California.  It takes about 3 GB per tile, more than MSE but at a sharper resolution.  Some go as high as 17 but it takes way too much space.  Still a beautiful end result.  I still only get partial autogen using overlays, don't quite no why, it is hit and miss.  I don't mind as long as I get bridges and buildings.

John

I just completed building my Arizona scenery which covers from Vegas in the North, the Salton Sea on the West, New Mexico on the East, and Mexico on the South.  Gives me hours of wonderful X-Plane scenery to fly over and greatly expands my Maricopa County coverage.  I wish I could get it to the library some how but it exceeds 60 GB and can't be easily split.  But again I've written easy to follow instructions in the X-Plane forum if you want to give Ortho4xp a try.

I found the Z 17 level to be the best balance for small areas in terms of quality but certainly if you are covering an entire state, z16 would take far less space. In the Ortho4XP tool you can make the majority of a tile z16 whilst draw an area around a city or airport to make it z17 or z18 which is pretty cool if you want to have better resolution when landing for example.

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

I found the Z 17 level to be the best balance for small areas in terms of quality but certainly if you are covering an entire state, z16 would take far less space. In the Ortho4XP tool you can make the majority of a tile z16 whilst draw an area around a city or airport to make it z17 or z18 which is pretty cool if you want to have better resolution when landing for example.

I may do that for some cities then, still one tile would take up a lot of space.  I just wish I could solve the autogen issue.  I got it to work once, but not after that.

John