Sign in to follow this  
Roy Jeon

P3D lags too much.. I want a smoother one..

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

4790K and a 1050ti. Smooth as well... Not maxed out settings, but not minimum either.

Russ

4K?

On 10/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, YukonPete said:

A PC with the 6700K and a 1080ti shouldn't struggle!  I have a 7700K and 1080 running 4K and P3d is smooth as silk 

Yeah right!!lol

Turn on DL and 4xssaa

Pmdg 

Klax

Let me know how smooth yo ur sim is running

4K and 4 x SSAA? Okay ...

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

4K and 4 x SSAA? Okay ...

You have no performance drop at all with those settings

I have2 titans sc in sli getting anihillated lol

Nobody was talking about 4xSSAA along with the 4K here... YukonPete simply said he has no issues with 4 using a 7700K and a 1080. Of course, add DL and 4xSSAA to this, start up your sim in Dusk and your performance is ruined...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

DL kills everything so stop being unreasonable! I don't need DL to have an excellent experience that is smooth as silk. I have 4xssaa at FB KSFOv2 in the PMDG744 and I am holding 30FPS in spot view and 23FPS in the VC. All world option sliders at about 3/4 of the way right. Smooth as silk in 4K

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

11 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Smooth as silk in 4K

Yeah, sure. Without clouds maybe ;) And no long frames and stuff? 

On 10/8/2017 at 0:51 AM, swiesma said:

P3Dv4 + 4K + iMac.... Well :-)

Even my PC with the 6700K and a 1080ti struggles here.

How fast is your 6700K?  If you can see my specs in my signature, my processor is only one notch above the 6700k.  I can run P3dv4 with most settings maxed, minus full AI and autogen (because I use photoreal scenery).  It is very fluid even with Carenado's most demanding aircraft, their t-props and jets.  Remember, your aircraft selection will make a difference.  Also, you need to make sure you have at least 25 GB of free hard drive space, so Windows can cache effectively. As for the iMac, it is ill suited for P3dv4.

One tip, try reducing your texture size in P3d to 2048x2048.  You will be hard pressed to tell a difference and it will free up processing power.  Also, I lock my fps to 33, although it goes against the grain from what some recommend, it helps with the processing of texture updates.

John

16 hours ago, YukonPete said:

DL kills everything so stop being unreasonable! I don't need DL to have an excellent experience that is smooth as silk. I have 4xssaa at FB KSFOv2 in the PMDG744 and I am holding 30FPS in spot view and 23FPS in the VC. All world option sliders at about 3/4 of the way right. Smooth as silk in 4K

And i suppose you do not do any evening flights due to lights not illuminatung ground with dl off

6 hours ago, swiesma said:

Yeah, sure. Without clouds maybe ;) And no long frames and stuff? 

That's using AS cloud art, AS, Rex 4HD, Orbx SC.  Just because you obviously cant get a smooth running sim doesn't mean others cant! 

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

14 hours ago, YukonPete said:

That's using AS cloud art, AS, Rex 4HD, Orbx SC.  Just because you obviously cant get a smooth running sim doesn't mean others cant! 

Yeah sure, because I'm too dumb, or what do you want to tell me? :-)

But why don't you make a video for us? And I make one too and we compare it?

20 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

How fast is your 6700K?  If you can see my specs in my signature, my processor is only one notch above the 6700k.  I can run P3dv4 with most settings maxed, minus full AI and autogen (because I use photoreal scenery).  It is very fluid even with Carenado's most demanding aircraft, their t-props and jets.  Remember, your aircraft selection will make a difference.  Also, you need to make sure you have at least 25 GB of free hard drive space, so Windows can cache effectively. As for the iMac, it is ill suited for P3dv4.

One tip, try reducing your texture size in P3d to 2048x2048.  You will be hard pressed to tell a difference and it will free up processing power.  Also, I lock my fps to 33, although it goes against the grain from what some recommend, it helps with the processing of texture updates.

John

I run my 6700K @4.3 GHZ all cores.

I use DL on, Texture size 2048, Texture_Exp_Load = 10, 4x MSAA, Unlimited FPS. And still, in overcast conditions there is nothing "smooth", and also on normal conditions where I get around 35-50 FPS in the VC of the PMDG birds, you still get long frames etc.

Double posted. Sorry

Pete Richards

6 hours ago, swiesma said:

Yeah sure, because I'm too dumb, or what do you want to tell me? :-)

But why don't you make a video for us? And I make one too and we compare it?

i have nothing to prove. Choose to believe whatever you like. I really don't care!

Pete Richards