Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

VRInsight TT panel sends spurious command when used with Linda

Hi

I have noticed with several aircraft that after loading the aircraft and then loading Linda, the first press of a button or switch on the TT panel seems to do a spurious action.  This happens even when there is no action defined for that button, and if there is an action defined in Linda, it does not do that action.   For example, with the PMDG B737, with engines running and ready to fly, pressing a button on the panel switches a sequence of actions on the overhead panel including switching off fuel pumps  and emergency lights  and blanking the screens.  The engines continue to run.   The button used in my test was defined to switch on VNAV, but I have used other buttons and switches with the same result.   After that first press, any further button/switch presses seem to do their correct actions.  With the Just Flight PA28R, for example, this first press stops the engine and switches the alternator off.  Start  the engine and subsequent button presses again work correctly.   I have not tested every single aircraft, but the TFDi design B717 also exhibits similar weird behaviour in this way.

It seems as if there is some buffer being flushed with the first button press sending rubbish to the aircraft causing a variety of weird actions depending on which aircraft is loaded.   It only seems to happen with the TT panel.  Buttons on the CH Yoke, Microsoft Sidewinder joystick and CH throttle quadrant are OK.

Details of setup are:

P3D v4.0

Linda 3.0.3

Module for the aircraft described or Default version (Just Flight PA28R).

FSUIPC 5.113.

Incidentally, I checked all places where TT panel buttons/switches could be alternatively defined i.e  P3D native controls and FSUIPC and none of them contain commands for the TT panel.  The problem only occurs if I load Linda!, and it happens whether I load Linda before or after the simulator.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Keith

The problem you are having also occurs with the Saitek Panels where real switches are used. Each time LINDA is started it is unable to read the state of all panel switches. When you operate any switch LINDA will action all assigned button states leading the response you report. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Any suggestions for a workaround? Would it help to start LINDA and flick a switch before the sim starts; or does it need the sim to be connected?

Petraeus

There are no workarounds. You just have to remember to operate one switch on the panel on start up/reload. The functions called only action the physical switch state on the panel. For the Saitek Panels, I have made the displays flash to prompt the user. 

I have long been looking for a programmatic solution but ones I have tried have adverse side effects. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

There are no workarounds. You just have to remember to operate one switch on the panel on start up/reload. The functions called only action the physical switch state on the panel. For the Saitek Panels, I have made the displays flash to prompt the user. 

I have long been looking for a programmatic solution but ones I have tried have adverse side effects. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply.  I am at least happy to know it is not something wrong with my particular setup.  I'll just have to remember to operate a switch prior to doing anything with an aircraft. It might be embarassing to lose power or displays if you have just taken off on Vatsim!

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

It happened to me a number of times until I worked out what was wrong. I found my engines cutting out when I retracted my gear after take off. Very embarrassing. I will revisit the problem during the winter maintenance period. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK